About to throw in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This last year has been pretty rough for me. Long story short I'm 30yo male. Was well off till about a year ago, I was well on my way to retirement before I was going to be 35. Family issues, mainly with my mom, came up and well I lost everything in a matter of weeks trying to help her out. She refinanced her home and was playing with commodities and currency exchange so she incurred a lot of losses. So money has been a huge issue amongst other things. My dad passed away a few months ago, my mother is seeking pyschiatric help. They've been divorced for over 20 years his death didn't phase her. What happened to her financially pretty much made her lose her grasp on reality. And to top it off I'm going through a bad break up for the last 7 weeks. Was dumped right around x-mas and bf moved in with his gf. That didn't help out at all.

Everything just kindof hit me all of a sudden. I mean really whats the point. I feel horribly lonely, trapped and like there is no way out. Sometimes I just wanna go to sleep and never wake up. Last time I felt anything like this was when I as 17 and coming to terms with my sexuality, but nothing like what I'm feeling now. I really do feel like I would be better off dead, at least I would be resting and not dealing with all this stuff. I just dont know where else go to express my feeings. Thanks for reading this.

Dave_N

Banned Member
Hi and welcome to SF. I just recently turned 30 too, so that's something we have in common. Sorry to hear about all of those awful things happening all at once. Life can be rough sometimes, but don't give up man. Money comes and money goes. You can make some more eventually. Sorry to hear that your dad died. :hug:

welcome. you've had so many losses in such a short time, it's no wonder you are feeling suicidal. many of us can relate. i lost a job i loved and my mother in the same year, it drove me to the edge. do you have anyone you can talk to in real life? grief counselling might help. i'm glad you posted. keep talking,
c

GoldenPsych

HI,

You are bound to feel as you are after a relationship break up and on top of the other things as well. It's understandable that you feel the way you do.

However, things will get better in time. They will improve. It may not feel like it now but they will improve in time.

Perhaps in the mean time for that little bit of extra help go see your GP. There may be something that they can do. Even just writing about it may help. It helps me. And it distracts me from doing anything else and from my own thoughts.

Try it out.

Keep posting and letting us know what you are thinking and feeling.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00