abruptly alone

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
my boyfriend and i haven't gone even one day without communicating since before the start of our relationship. well, i can't say that anymore. it's been two days since i've heard from him. two days ago he said that he'd be there to support me over the next few days. yesterday came and went. today has come and gone.

he isn't responding to any messages. he hasn't been on this site since monday. he never has his cellphone charged (though i did try that as well) so tomorrow i want to call his home phone despite how nervous that prospect makes me. his mother or her ex may pick up, and if that happens, i'm planning on saying i'm a concerned friend of his, as he hasn't told them about me.

this is a long distance relationship so it's not like i can just go to his house to see what's wrong.

i have suspicions as to what may have caused him to so suddenly be unable or unwilling to get in contact with me. worst case scenario, his mother is dead. second worst case scenario, he's gotten into a physical fight with her ex and is in jail.

i'm very upset and very concerned. so much so that i feel sick to my stomach

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Paisley, I'm very sorry that you've found yourself ghosted for the moment. Sometimes life's events happen and we're unable to get contact. If he's been very reliable thus far then it stands to reason why you're worried about where he is or if he's okay. I sincerely hope that he has just found himself in an odd situation and things are okay - and will therefore contact you soon. Keep your head up. If things are okay with the two of you then it seems as though he'll be back before long, right? Try to control the anxiety about the "what if's" as much as you can. (hard as that may be)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello Paisley, so sorry for what you are going through, being sick to your stomach and having butterflies is a very unsettling feeling. I hope he is safe and sound and that there is a genuine reason for his absence, hopefully a safe one.
I really hope he contacts you soon. You should probably try some meditation on youtube or try mindfulness to get through this at the moment and know you have SF behind you no matter what. Sending you warm well wishes and lots of hugs *hug *hug *hug

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
I would just call his home phone at this point and not wait. You deserve to know what the fuck is going on. I deal with similar type shit on a consistent basis and it's driven me completely nuts to the point that I have panic attacks now and am used to thinking the worst. Do yourself a favor and find out what's going on any which way that you can.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
just tried calling his home phone and it said "we're sorry, because of technical difficulties, we are unable to route your call. please try your call again. this is a recorded message." tried phoning twice and now i can't try again because i'm too upset. it didn't even give me the option to leave a voicemail. don't know if that's something to do with the fact that we're in different countries but i do know that i can't handle this

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
someone in chat the other night said that this is what she went through when her ex decided to break up with her. if that's what's happening then i will not recover. i'm not safe right now and that's a fact that's only going to get worse the longer this goes on

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
i've just gotten in touch with him. looked at the number he gave me after i'd tried calling it and realized there was an extra digit, so i tried a few different ones to find out which one was the extra one and eventually it worked.

his laptop is broken, it wasn't any of the reasons i was fearing. he didn't call me because my number was stored on his laptop so he didn't have access to it.

spent the whole phone call crying at him and saying how worried i was. i'm just so unbelievably glad he's okay...

thank you to @Aurelia @Petal @Walker for caring and talking me through this

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I'm glad everything is ok now. I know I would worry if my bf disappeared like that, since we talk every day. I'm glad you talked on the phone and hope his laptop can be fixed.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am SO relieved for you I really am. Now you can chill and have some time to yourself and just be relieved and I hope he understands what you went through, it takes a lot of strength to go through all that worry and fear. At the end of the day i'm sure ye both love each other no matter what.

So happy for you & I am always here for you shall you need anything at all *hug

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I just saw this - I am glad he is okay. Maybe you can put a plan together for the future that says that if his computer craps out, he charges his goddamn cellphone (and maybe even uses it to hop on SF and/or send you an email!!). Haha. Sorry. It just made me think that in your position I'd be SO SO relieved and then I'd KILL HIM MYSELF! (@Walker take heed). I am sorry you were worried - I know exactly how that feels from past experience and it's awful *hug

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
I just saw this - I am glad he is okay. Maybe you can put a plan together for the future that says that if his computer craps out, he charges his goddamn cellphone (and maybe even uses it to hop on SF and/or send you an email!!). Haha. Sorry. It just made me think that in your position I'd be SO SO relieved and then I'd KILL HIM MYSELF! (@Walker take heed). I am sorry you were worried - I know exactly how that feels from past experience and it's awful *hug
well, now i know i can reach his home phone, at least. i'm going to get on his case about charging his phone after this, for sure

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00