Absence of Desire

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I just...don't care about anyone or anything at all anymore. What's the point of living? All I want to do is sleep, and that is just so I can escape life. Why does life have to be so hard? :(

2. I posted a similar thread titled "I cannot justify my existence".

Honestly, I have no passions, no hobbies, no interests. I feel the same kind of void and am in general apathetic to everything.

I guess you just have to find something to fill it. I've searched high and low with no luck. I'm still holding out, but it's not looking optimistic.

Is there anything you enjoy doing?

3. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not very optimistic at this point either. I really don't enjoy anything, anymore. It's an emotion that's denied to me.

4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't know. I don't have an answer for you. But I've been there. And I've been there many, many times.

I sleep just because I want everything to stop. Just for a little while. But it doesn't, really. When I wake, it's as though I haven't slept. Everything is still the same. I still feel exhausted. I could sleep for 15 hours and wake up tired.

Don't care about anything, really. I know the feeling. Just to let you know you aren't alone. You aren't anywhere near the only one who feels this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.