absent seizures + depression + inability to concentrate=?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by kurenai, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

I have no idea what's happening to my mind. I can no longer do my homework or look at colorful things or even check my email. I'm too numb to be miserable, but I'm miserable anyway, have been for months. I stopped exercising a few weeks ago, the only thing making me feel better, lost the motivation completely. Forming complete sentences a massive effort. Have episodes of sharp pain that doesn't feel like normal pain in the frontal area of my pain, causing me to collapse, but still aware of surroundings. Went to emergency room, my cat scan was normal, no other brain tests were done. Very confused, upset. Anyone else have similar problems?

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Have you had mental health care? Your description of what is happening is the same kind of things I go through. Good mental health care is important.

:hug:

3. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Are you on any meds?

I don't know much about head pain, I'll leave that up to the experts. But I do remember being so depressed in college that I had trouble speaking. I had to get out of my surroundings. I left school for a while and that helped. Not everyone can do that, though. If there are some big things that are bothering you, sometimes they can just sort of take over your brain and your body and your life. IDK, keep looking for help.

4. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

Thanks you guys. I have a strong feeling that all these weird brain happenings are being caused by how severely depressed I am. I'll see what the brain doctor says...

5. worshiper

worshiper New Member

In comparison, an absence seizure could occur 50 to 100 times per day and can occur during physical activity often with hyperventilation deep or rapid breathing. They begin abruptly and cannot be interrupted. They last rarely more than 15 to 20 seconds and like daydreaming the person just stares and is alert immediately afterwards. Absence seizures have no aura. An aura is usually the feeling or first sign a seizure is going to occur and can happen several seconds up to 60 minutes before a seizure. Absence seizures can effect learning in children due to lapses causing an inability to concentrate.

6. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

Thanks worshiper. That was an interesting read. My Grandma always tells me how rude it is that I ignore her, but I don't mean to. It could also just be depression. When someone close to me got hurt this year, I just snapped. I couldn't even read a small Public Speaking book in two hours without my concentration snapping and returning to the thoughts of the injured friend. I have never had such a lapse in concentration in my entire history of depression. I've had trouble concentrating before, but this was horrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.