abuse and parents

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by jeffrey1, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey1

jeffrey1 Member

I grew up in a home with a very abusive father, when my parents split, it was no diffrent on visitation days. I havent seen him since i was 16, i here hes the same way with his other kids from his secound marrige. I guess my question is why dont people see what there action do to there kids. I hate my sperm donner and would kill him if i ever seen him, and he knows that. So why would he be the same way knowing he lost his 3 sons becuase of what he did before.
  2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Some people just never learn, Jeffrey, I guess your sperm donar is one of them. I don't know what the answer to your question is, there are so many little kids out there with abusers in their lives.
    At least you are now free from him, but I'm guessing that the hurt is still with you...
    If you ever feel like taking about it, (or anything else) we are here to listen and support you.

Take care Hazel
  3. iwishiwasinvisible

iwishiwasinvisible Active Member

hey i dont think they ever learn....im from an abusive home...i got took out when i was 16 cuz i tried to kill myself tomany times....i moved back ion wen i turned 18 cuz i had no were else to goo...my dad still doesnt see wat he did to us caused ne problems......my sister is 13yrs older then me and was taken out when i was a baby and things still didnt change....i cant answer ur question but i can be here to talk to u about it...i beleive they dont see what they do cuz they dont think there is nothing wrong with the way they r
  4. letdown

letdown Guest

Because maybe they see children as part of their own selves and not as individuals. It's awful and I do empathise. If I could protect any woman from my father I would but I can't. Also, when it comes to my sister, I don't know. I just think again, she can't separate people from herself. If anything, it's taught me to be extremely careful around people and listen to what I'm feeling and how much what I'm feeling has to do with another person, or myself and my memories. I don't want to live the rest of my life so scared of people (scared I'd hurt them) or forming destructive relationships, I've had enough of that and in no way do I want to repeat the whole thing again.

I do hear what you're saying. Is there any way you could alert social services if you know abuse is happening?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.