Abuse, or innocent experimentation?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Entoloma43, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

When I was younger, me and my older friend did sexual stuff.

The problem is, I don't know if I was taken advantage of, or if we were just experimenting:

1) I don't know exactly how old I was. I know it took place during elementary school, but I can't remember the year or how old I was. If I had to guess, it would be around 4-5th grade maybe?

2) I don't know exactly how old he was. I only know he was older than me, but I don't know by how many years. Thus, I don't know if he was purposely trying to take advantage of me, or we were both just experimenting.

3) I can't remember how it got started. For example, I don't remember when or how we even began doing stuff together

4) It wasn't a forced thing, as from what I remember, I enjoyed it, but obviously didn't fully understand what was happening.

So the question remains: was I taken advantage of, or was this just experimentation by the both of us? Or maybe I just can't remember enough information to determine which.
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I think it would come down to him and his age and if he knew what he was doing.
    Then it'd be him taking advantage of you in my eyes
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i agree if he was a child himself then no it was not abuse if he was a teenager then it was
  4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

If you feel violated or abused, then I would say that it was. If you were both kids, and you don't feel bad about it, then it wasn't abuse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.