Abuses and manipulation from cults &/or religious figures; Warning [religion & abuse]

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by ~CazzaAngel~, Aug 10, 2010.

?

Have problems to to religion and abuse effects your beliefs/religion, or lack of?

1. Yes, it's why I don't believe in anything.

50.0%
  2. No, it hasn't effects my beliefs, [whatever they may be]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't believe in anything; nothing caused it.

50.0%
  4. I'm religious/spiritual and fine.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. What's religion?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I believe in aliens. (sorry, had to lighten things a little, uptight topic)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I was sexually, mentally, emotionally and etc abused and controlled years by a man that was a school Friend's father. He later talked about cultic things, end of the world, world and religious conspiracies, etc.

Anyway, my question is; has severe, strict, twisted religion or cults played a part in your problems at some extent; whether an over critical severely religious parents, to cult abuse or bad experiences with pastors, preachers, priests, etc. Have you had any experience that has effected you and holds some of the reason of your problems today?

Second question is; does anyone who've had any problems above, do you have problems in holding a belief, religion, etc?

Things still effect me, daily life, my fear and it makes it hard to be stable in what I believe. Please, whoever would like to share, do so.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.