Acceptance and Aknowledgements

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

The Blues Brothers sang, "Everybody, Needs Somebody To Love."

I think that maybe true, but I also think, that everyone needs to be aknowledged and accepted for who we are as an individual.

If you have found your way to this site, chances are you are feeling suicidal, and perhaps hopeless. Maybe, you feel worthless, and that you can't go on.

I want you to know something;

YOU, My Friend, ARE UNIQUE.

In all of creation, humans are the most unique beings on this planet. And it's not just because of our big brains.

We are unique in our features, compared with other beings.

Think about adult lions, or elephants, or gorilla's or bottle nosed dolphins or ....etc, they all look the same. Oh there maybe very subtle differences. For example an elephants ear or trunk maybe a bit longer or shorter but those differences aren't as dramatic as the differences among us!!!!

We people, us the human race, are so unique from each other. We have different shaped noses, eyes, mouths. Our Skin color and hair styles run the gambit. We are tall, short, fat thin. And we are all beautiful!!!!!!!

So my friend, take a look in the mirror. Who do you see?
    Someone sad?
    Oh yeah.

Somone desperate?
    You betcha!

Someone depressed and suicidal?
    Of course!!

But look again at that mirror. Look at your face, as if you were looking at it for the very first time. Imagine a blind person at birth, finally getting his site back, and seeing his face for the first time. Look at the curve of the bridge of your nose. Look at the shape of your ears. Look at the color of your eyes.

And then think to yourself, the truth, which is I AM UNIQUE!!!

Yes you are!!!

And by coming to this forum, here, you will find friends. Here you will gain acceptance and aknowledgements of your difficulties.

Here you will be loved!!!!!!

So when you are feeling bad, remember, there is no one else in the whole of this world like you!

And....if you are still feeling bad, come here to us. You are at home here.

I wish the very best for all who are stuggling.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

Thanks for writing this, it gave me great comfort.

C.

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

The whole bit about us being far more different in an intra-species sort of way is false. As humans, we are around far more humans and have more human centred thoughts. Our pattern-recognition abilities are applied to humans far more than they will ever be applied to tigers or lions. We also have a far greater number of people to distinguish between, and thereby look even more for discernible difference. Other animals are as different as we are, we just don't notice it.

But let's not look into that tangent too far. You are correct that we are all unique. We are. These differences are very minor, though. With few anomalies, people are all motivated by the same baser instincts and desires. Even with our individual quirks, we are nearly the same as so many others out there.

But the one thing I really want a response about is this: We are unique; why does it matter? Why does this impart comfort? I cannot find comfort in this, so I wonder how you do.

4. Samantha

Samantha Well-Known Member

>>>>
    I will find cyber friends?

Samantha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.