Accepting death slows down your mind?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by seila, Mar 18, 2014.

1. seila

seila New Member

There is no hope. But I'm completely fine with that. I accept my own death as the definitive problem solver. During the last handful of years of my life, I have been trying to understand what would make death
    undesirable. What would have made me want to keep on waking up every day. It does not matter now. I don't have a reason to do so. And I don't regret that, I'm actually relieved by the thought of
    finally giving up and accepting this is the only path I can take. It surely does seem so. I can't see any other path, and even if there are others, I'm not sure I want to take them. This is is just an
    insight as I am not going to kill myself. I know I won't kill myself for a good time because I'm rationally controlling myself not to, albeit I don't care
    anymore. But the will is stronger than ever, and it is actually quite comforting. Maybe that's the comfort I need. To know that one day I will find relief.

"The gods conceal from men the happiness of death, so that they may endure life"
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Seila. I am sorry the pain is so great. But relieved that you are controlling yourself to not die at this time. I hope you find community and comfort here where so many people feel similarly.