Accepting rejection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by mcviking, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

I have been rejected so many times its not even funny anymore. I have decided to just stop trying to find someone for a while because its taking a toll on me spiritually, mentally, and physically.

I met a very sweet girl last week and I thought she really liked me. She called me all the time gave me al the right signals and it just failed. Like all the others. I am not trying to bang everyone and everything in sight, I am just trying to find one girl; one normal relationship for once in my life.

You think it would get easier every time you here it, but it only feels worse. That all my searching is in vain. That there is clearly something wrong with me if I have failed so many times. Its hard to tell your self shes out there and your special and worth it when so many people tend to disagree with you. Have all of them been worth my time? Certainly not, but it just further reinforces the idea that if I can't keep around someone that is less than desirable, what hope do I have of finding love?

So point being, what do you do to not take the matters of the heart to the heart?

2. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I know what your talking about.

I just decided talking to girls at all was bad and stoped,unless I have to.

My problem that really got me into the hole I'm in now was confidence,I always said to myself that this girls got to say yes and built up so much confidence just for it to be crushed.

Now I have to go make my Comeback post

3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

you know what i hear ya. i wouldn't give up just yet. there is a good woman out there for ya somewhere. they do exist. sometimes we're harder to come by but we're out here. i'd encourage to just brush these off and learn what you can by them. by this i mean set standards for yourself with them. you've seen what maybe doesn't work or you've seen what quality you may not like for a mate. those sorts of things, but please don't give up. the right one is out there and waiting to find you. it just may take some time. please take care

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree with Rhinolady. It's frustrating ... I've been there too. But don't give up. There's someone out there for you.

5. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know exactly what you mean and if you ever find away not to take it too heart let me know please?!!

6. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I'm hearing you man. Rejection sucks, especially when you find the right 'signals' that they have an interest in you.

I'm like you too. At that point of giving up. I built the possibility of being with one girl who showed the slightest interest, and without her saying so, im picking up that vibe has changed.

Yet another rejection( well, thats my assumption.) and its at the point of giving up.

Rejection gets harder to accept the more it happens. =[

7. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Most people suffer rejection at some point in their lives and there are many more people who, like you, happen to suffer it constantly and often end up wondering why they bother. Think about how many millions and billions of people there are in the world, and then think about how many of them have rejected you. It doesn't even come close. There are literally millions of girls out there with all different kinds of personalities and I'm betting a fair few of them have even gone through what you're going through now concerning rejection. Just take a step back, stop constantly looking for love and enjoy your life for a bit. Have a bit of patience and if you ever start thinking those same negative thoughts about how no one wants you or you're unlovable or there's something wrong with you, just remind yourself of how many people there actually are in the world and how many are most likely going through the same thing (girls too!). Good luck.

8. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

Another rejection.

Even with all the advice in this thread, I'm still just giving up.
    I dont believe that theres someone for everybody. So, im done trying to be loved.

I. Give. Up.

9. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Give up and you ensure that you'll never find anyone, keep trying and there is always a chance, even if it's a small one. Your choice.

10. aviewfromchaos

aviewfromchaos Well-Known Member

this is exactly what i needed to hear. :hugtackles: