Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by cloudy, Sep 27, 2012.

1. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of telling my housemates that i am not gay. now they are randomly yelling gay at me. i dont know why i pay attention anymore.
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Is there a reason behind a proclamation of your straightness being necessary in the first place? Anytime you yell about how straight you are, people are naturally just going to keep fucking with you about being gay, even if you aren't. Just take it in good humor and brush it off. Is there something so wrong with being or being called gay? It's like a white person crying if they're called black; so what?
  3. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

no there's not. i have a hard time ignoring people and dont know why. right, so what.
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Just use it as a practice session to make you stronger about ignoring peoples stuff :)
  5. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

You could always challenge it and ask them why they have a fixation with bringing up gayness. Though that can very easily be turned onto you, so if you did that, I would highly suggest you be able to stance yourself.
    But in the end that's defensively hostile I suppose...

Best thing to do is to look at how it affects you. Does it annoy you? how does it make you feel? If you get a grip on that, you'll start to see it for what it is, stupid jest or whatever it may be and be able to respond accordingly to let them know it's not gonna flux you about.

They're only doing it because they know it'll get a rise outta you in some sense, or send you a bit wobbly.
  6. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

just got called gay today after paying on a pawn ticket. i was walking out the door and heard one of the workers say it. there's nothing wrong with being gay but get to know someone before you open your ignorant mouth. those who accuse......