acne is killing me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by slimshady519, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimshady519

slimshady519 New Member

i'm an 18 year old male and suffered with acne for about 3 years. I just don't want to live like this anymore, i wanna quit and i feel like i'm tired of breathing. My acne is suffering my appearence and brought down my confident. Back in grade 9 and abit of 10 i barely had acne and life was easy, I looked good, made alot of friends, and i looked great and it seemed like I probably could of got any girl I wanted. But now it's gone all down hill, I do still have friends but i know i don't look good. It seems like no one in my life seems the struggle I go thorugh, I just feel like f' the world and i find hope in ending it all. It seems that i'll be happy if i end my life, no more acne, no more pain, just peace at last. I'm going to florida with my family for two weeks soon, i plan to atleast wait untill i get back and see how things are. Last year i ahd gone to florida as well, got a great tan and it appeared my face had cleared up, but then i got too much sun and it turned all red and the acne was back. I already tried accutane but no luck, and am going start another course when i get back from vacation. I may wait a month atleast untill summer is over. Life is hard for everyone, but the burden place on top of my shoulders is too heavy to hold for myself with acne. I never felt depressed before it, and now i do when i look in the mirror. It seems like I tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing will help me, but death. I know i have a beautiful face behind it all, I've had school pictures before where they touched it up to gide the acne in the shot. It's just that i'm a person that's big on looks, and i like to enjoy myself and be a confident strong person but i can't with my face right now. I'm not able to pick up girls that i like because of the way i look. I cry alot from time to time and hide it from everyone around me, i don't like to show my weakness to anyone. I'm gonna go to bed now but i'll keep you informed. bye for now

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Have you seen a dermatologist for your acne? I know lots of teens and young adults that have had their skin clear up with medical help. Don't give up on yourself.Your looks don't make you who you are. Try not to place so much importance on them. Please take care and stay safe. :hug:

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with GentleLady that you need to see a dermatologist. There are so many new medications out now that they can probably find what you need to help you fight it. Please don't harm yourself. I'm sure with medical help that you can be that person you want to be. Remember we are here for you!!:chopper:!!

4. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

I hear you hun, I suffered from acne when I was a teenager as well (all on my face) It didn't bother me too much at the time and when I was 18 it started to go away and I now have a mostly clear complexion.
    So about a year ago, I am 25 now and about a year ago I started to get acne on my back, VERY BAD ACNE! Just to put on clothes was brutal, I couldn't wear anything that showed the back of my neck at all, I couldn't wear anything that touched my skin, and a bra was my worst nightmare. I went to my doctor and tried several different things and nothing was working, so finally she put me on minocycline, (which worked) but it made me soooooo sick I couldn't do anything. She suggested I just take it at night, and I have been, the acne is clearing up, however now I have horrible scars all over my back. I can keep it all covered, but with summer here I am still confined because I can't go swimming at the pool because I won't wear a bathing suit. I have 2 friends getting married this summer and I can't find anything to wear to keep me covered up past my neck. But I am going to try laser treatment later on and hopefully that helps. I know how hard it is to have acne, its so depressing, I personally cried every day because it hurt me so bad and I didn't think I would be able to go much longer like it but I made it. So hang in there and I am here if you ever want to talk.
    Dawn

5. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I know what you been through i had it and lucky got rid of it when i was like 16, maybe you can try some pro acne or some other brands to help. And also i agree with everyone else on this one go to a derm and they help you get your skin looking like it was before you had acne.

6. slimshady519

slimshady519 New Member

ya i've been seeing a dermatologist for over a year, but nothing is working. My next appointment with the is after vacation next month and the plan is to go back on accutane. It's gotta work

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wish you luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.