Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aki, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Is there a difference between ADD and ADHD? I read the sticky at the top of the page about ADHD but it doesn't sound like me. I did this test online the other day though and it said that i displayed charecteristics of nearly every type of ADD. I'm just wondering if someone could help me sounds weird but it would kind of be a comfort to me to find I actually had some sort of illness that can be treated...don't if anyone can understand that....

So anyway, these are some of my problems:
    -can't concentrate on anything, can't read, watch films, sometimes can't listen to full songs.
    -bored constantly.
    -fidgety, tap my fingers, shake my leg, touch my hair.
    -procrastination, no motivation.
    -start projects but then get bored very quickly and move onto new things, never finish anything.
    -very quick temper, get really angry very quickly but then forget completely about the argument soon afterwards.
    -very sensitive.
    -get irritated easily.
    -moody, switch from really happy to really sad all the time.
    -thoughts whizzing about my head, makes me really confused, loads of ideas at once, but too many and too fast to actually put them to use.

I find it hard to do anything at the moment because of all this, I have so many thoughts but I can't actually make any decision on what to do and find it hard to get started so I'm basically stuck where I am. :confused:
    I know no one can diagnose me or anything, but maybe someone could help me out....
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Reading that list was like looking at the mirror. :blink:

I myself have add or adhd. They never really said which one of them two, but they have put me on Ritalin :dunno:

Anyway add and adhd are also referred to as ad/hd. And it stands for
    Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Basically simply put, ADD can be seen as ADHD but without the Hyperactivity. That's a very simple way to put it though.

This explains some more about the difference between them two:

Hope it helps :smile:
  3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

k thankyou that did help a lot :)
  4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

:hug: Glad to be of service :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.