addicted to cutting myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by skater_gurl, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skater_gurl

skater_gurl New Member

i don't know if anybody else has this issue but i seem to get a joy out of cutting myself, although this joy doesn't last long because when people question what happened i have to lie. well 2 weeks ago i relapsed again but this time i went to far and had to get stitches in my arm. i lied about what happened but the doctor was smart enough to figure out i was lying. i haven't told my parents that this has started again...i don't think i could ever tell them though. is there any other way to let out my anger/frustration? this lifestyle is not healthy and i know i need to stop but i don't know how. this has been going on for 9 years and keeps getting worse.

2. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

Cutting is really hard to fight, Once you start yo beging to come dependant on it, until it becomes an addiction. There are many ways to try to stop.... trying to come up wish distractions is always a great one. When i want to cut i try to tak emy dog out for a walk, start cleaning, go for a run, punch my stuffed animals. The thing about distractions is you need to target what you are replacing. for me when i just need to release bad energy a run is great, when i feel lonely being with my animals are great, whehn i just hate myself, punching something else is great. Sometimes it can bes uggested to snap yourself with a rubber band or pinch yourself without breaking skin, but i would dtyr to find something that doesnt hurt if you can... otherwise you might just find yourself tryin gto make a distraction beause you need the pain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.