Addicted to Depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hache, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I think my mind wants me to be depressed.

You know when cartoons have an angel and a devil telling you what to do, it is kind of like that, there is a part of my mind that wants me to take what gets to me and make something of it.

I am not depressed like I have been right now, yet somewhere in my head there is something trying to make me go back to what I used to, to be depressed, maybe to do something to prove to myself it is a problem.

When I think of how I am annoyed and angry about being single it is like there is something in me that wants that feeling to become depression.

:cake:

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have had the same feeling before and it's something that I can't really put my finger on. When I'm feeling pretty much okay, I wonder how could I feel so depressed. I want to have life without depression. Even so, I get depressed deeper again.

It's baffling.

3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Maybe it is an addiction. Maybe it's not an addiction it is just the mind being attached to depression in a certain state. Like when I am hungry I always want Pizza, that's not because I am addicted to Pizza but because that is what my mind makes me think its Pizza I want when its really food, I dont know how to explain it, but I read that somewhere.

4. iceblink

iceblink Member

What is vertigo? Fear of falling? No, Vertigo is something other than fear of falling. It is the voice of the emptiness below us which tempts and lures us, it is the desire to fall, against which, terrified, we defend ourselves.
    -Milan Kundera

5. masive

masive Banned Member

I find that at night time when I am listening to sad music to which I dig myself deeper and deeper into a hole there is something about feeling so sad and depressed that I find enjoyable for some strange reason. Yet I also don't want to feel like this it also confusing as well as stressfull and sole destorying.. I understand how you feel. DON'T DO WHAT I DO YOUR LEAVE YOURSELF FEELING WORST.

Masive x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.