Addicted to life...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Daphna, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I used to be so far gone on addictions that they became my g-ds. I lived for them, and everyday I would turn to them for relief of the life I once knew. Little did I know the very things I felt helped me only made them worse. I nearly died from my addictions either by driving, or mixing them, or doing too much of them. Now I am happy to say that I am sober! I am addicted to life, and I love it! Please read my soap box thread on how you too can be where I am. Blessings..
  2. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

i wonder what your doing on this site then if you are addicted to life
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Fucked if I know :dunno:
  4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

That's great Daphna. It takes a lot of determination, courage and persistence to overcome addiction. Just having that post of yours here shows that others can overcome their addictions as well.

And yeah, life is good (generally). Depression sucks, suicidal ideation is terrible, but life, on the whole, is good.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I'm glad to hear that you have overcome your addictions Nicole. Addictions are awful because you become a slave to them. That's why in church, they tell you that addictions are caused by the devil. Don't give in to Satan's addictions. Being addicted to life is much better. :smile:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Some join just to help and be there for those who are suffering :)
  7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I joined to make friends, and to show people that there is hope. If I made it anyone can. I am no more special than you are. My faith helped me, I am sure there is something that can help everyone once they try new things and have an open mind. Blessings..
  8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words Toby. ((Hugs))
  9. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

And some join to preach to people who dont wanna know or care about god which in my eyes is preying on the vulnerable
  10. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

And some are intolerant and don't want to hear about anything if they don't believe in it.

I'l glad that you have found a solution for yourself, Daphna, even if it is not something i follow, it's nice to hear someone who has overcome their troubles.
  11. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Neither Nicole or I are preying on the vulnerable. Having faith in God and in yourself will help you recover from your depression.
  12. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Dave, while i respect that you have found healing with your god, it is not right to say things like this.

Believing in god will not overcome mental illness. Your brain is an organ, it is chemicals.

Faith will not fix this.

I'd ask that you respect other people have different views.
  13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for that Domo. I respect that you do not feel as I do, and I am grateful you are tolerant of my hope, and feelings. Blessings..
  14. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

It is no substitute for professional help, and guidance from people who are trained, to say otherwise is a dangerous thing to say or suggest to anyone at anytime.
  15. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

And when exactly did I say that having faith in God is a substitute for professional help? Can you please quote that for me? Seeking professional help should be the first thing people do when suffering with depression, but many people have said that professional help alone doesn't help all that much. Maybe having faith in one's self and in one's God will help, along with medication and professional help?
  16. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

This is the part that stuck out for me when reading, and can be combined with what the subsequent posters have said. By all means seek professional help for your depression, but have faith in yourself while doing so. Faith in God is optional, as is belief in him. You don't need to believe in God to get better.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  17. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

so if addictions are the cause of the devil, but you recommend being addicted to life, is that not an oxy moron? While appreciate the sentiment people can not help their addictions hell I drink and smoke so joy hallelujah watch me burn in hell while I smoke a fat one.......still shouldn't be short of lighters down there right
  18. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

You guys are just turning this into your qualms with the Christian faith. While I do not agree with their beliefs (ex Christian and proud of it) I can still accept that if their belief in god makes them happier, then good for them. It brings me joy that they are happy with life and have beat their personal struggles with addiction.

Whether they did this with belief in god, lucifer, jesus, buddah, or luke fucking skywalker; doesn't matter. The ends justify the means. I believe people only need faith in their self. But who are you to say anything about what has brought them peace?
  19. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you Mcviking. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.