• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Addiction is no fun. I just want some positive reassurance.

Princess Tiffany

Formerly known as Lark
Hello. I have a video game addiction, which doesn't seem so bad, but trust me, it's just as bad as drugs or alcohol. I recently got my last game system taken away, and I haven't been feeling emotionally well. At the moment, I don't have any thoughts about ending my life, but I do feel empty and stuck. It's only been a few days and I already want to play games again. I don't care if it's a quick game of tetris, just to feel the satisfaction of playing something. But then again if I did play one game I would ask for more and more, which is the reason they got taken away in the first place.

Sorry that you're going through this.

Do you feel like having the games taken away is going to help you recover from being addicted to them? In other words, is there a good side to this that might justify feeling bad in the short term?

I hope things can get better soon.

Princess Tiffany

Formerly known as Lark
Sorry that you're going through this.

Do you feel like having the games taken away is going to help you recover from being addicted to them? In other words, is there a good side to this that might justify feeling bad in the short term?

I hope things can get better soon.
I mean it helps me, but that doesn't make me feel much better.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Hello. I have a video game addiction, which doesn't seem so bad, but trust me, it's just as bad as drugs or alcohol. I recently got my last game system taken away, and I haven't been feeling emotionally well. At the moment, I don't have any thoughts about ending my life, but I do feel empty and stuck. It's only been a few days and I already want to play games again. I don't care if it's a quick game of tetris, just to feel the satisfaction of playing something. But then again if I did play one game I would ask for more and more, which is the reason they got taken away in the first place.
The whole idea of addiction is about us finding connection to our life, such as a purpose, a feeling of worth and satisfaction, an experience, a memory or a sense of community, etc. Addiction is bad but feeling empty and lonely is worse. I know this because I have addiction, too.

A good way to escape addiction of any kinds is to gather a group of people to do something meaningful with, such as volunteering to help others or learning new things. I guess that's why I'm here on this forum, randomly replying to people's post looking like a cat. This gives me a sense of meaning to my life.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00