Addiction to cutting, suicidal thoughts and feeling so alone

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by w4ssup, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w4ssup

w4ssup New Member

I'm a very hormonal 13 year old teenage girl, and I've been going through quite a few personal problems at the moment. These problems are making me cut, and I can't seem to stop.
    The first time I self harmed was with my fingernail, and it didn't hurt too much, and I didn't feel as if it was enough of a "release". So, I decided to move on to a bit of a harsher tool. I started using a sharp toothed comb, and believe me, it works really well. But today, at school, I lost it. Tonight I wanted to cut but I couldn't because I just couldn't find my comb anywhere. It got me really angry. I've tried the Butterfly Challenge, but it didn't work - I'm not superstitiuous and I don't believe it's like a voodoo to the person you named it after, so for me, it wasnt the best option. I just sliced straight through it.
    I've started getting urges to cut during school and in public places, and I can't help but run to a private place and do it. Tonight I posted on Twitter tonight I posted something about wanting a sharp object. About 5 people told me, "no, don't you f_cking do it, tell me you're not going to do it", and for a split second, I felt wanted. Even when peoria say things like that to me I still feel trapped, and alone. I feel like nobody wants me, but they seem to, but, yeah.
    I'm just so upset right now. Can anybody please help me with trying to stop cutting, get suicidal imaginations out of my head and make me feel wanted? :(
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Talk to someone ok a teacher you trust a councelor at your school but get help to stop it now hugs
  3. Effect

Effect Member

Like total said.

You need to talk with someone.
    Have you got some friends close to you who might want to listen you out ?
    What about your parents ? Are they aware of your problems ? Have you tried to talk to them ?
    Have you tried to take up some hobbies ? Singing, drawing, dancing, playing video games ?
    You need to relax c:

And well... If you really need someone to lean onto c: I am here ^^
    If you want some contact information let me know.
  4. iridescence

iridescence New Member

You are wanted. I don't know much about you, but try reaching out to the people in your life. You are not a burden to them. They want to help you; they want you to be OK. I want you to be OK. And if it's too hard to talk to anyone in can talk to me too! Let me know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.