Addiction to...this? - Guess I need someone's opinion (again)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by expressive_child, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I don't even know if this is consider an addiction or abuse or what. Well, whenever I am extremely depressed, I feel like I have a great need to drink pepsi max. Sometimes when I can't sleep at night, I walk to the petrol station nearby just to get a bottle of it. I feel like I am addicted to it cos I feel better after drinking pepsi max and I am drinking it almost everyday now. Abused? I don't know. I wanted to put this thread in the substance abuse forum but come to think about it, I don't think I know much about that yet so maybe its better just here. I like pepsi max so much that I drink it sip by sip and as I do that I feel like I am numbing my depression but then again, sometimes it just felt worst after that. Does anyone else have an addiction as such?

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I do drink a hell of a lot of fizzy drinks. I don't drink a lot of water so everything i drink is mainly fizzy. There was this girl in my college class who was actually addicted to pepsi max. She would have at least 2 bottles of it a day. Sometimes drinking it as early as 9 in the morning. She would drink all thorugh out the day. She even admited it herself that she thought she was addicted. At that time i use drink a lot of pepsi max aswell, i still do :laugh: Guess you can become addicted to practically anything because of the pyscological association?

3. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

A friend of mine is addicted to coca cola. It isn't as odd as you'd think :)

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Peeps PLEASE tell me you lot are drinking the diet or sugar free variety :eek:hmy:

Fizzy sugary drinks will give you diabetes, ask anybody who is a medical member of staff in a hospital...diabetes is rising at a phenomenal rate, party cos most peoples diets are crap, but mainly due to over consumption of fizzy drinks laced with enough sugar to kill an elephant.

5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Put it this way .... if i was to say it was diet or sugar free i'd be lying :hiding:

6. expressive_child

I guess it is psychologically related or something. I feel like I could drink it everyday especially so when I feel real bad, I feel like I need it desperately because it makes me feel better, does your friend feel better after drinking it? Because while I drink it often, I feel like I must have it when I am feeling down or mad cos it in a way calms me down but there has been a few occasions where I feel sick for drinking two 1.5 liter bottles pepsi max a day. Yeah, I wish I can substitute plain water with pepsi max! Well, even though the pepsi max labels states no sugar, anyway the sweetening substance used for the drink is just as hazardous in some other way. Not that I don't know how harmful it is, just that I am addicted and I guess I couldn't care less about that. My friend says I am gonna suffer from kidney failure if I continue drinking it like that. What can I say? I thought I am doing well in drinking less coffee but in the end, I still got hooked on something else!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:whip:

8. expressive_child

An ingenious way to fall sick is to drink only pepsi max from morning till night without water and eat nothing but biscuits! Yeah..I am sick now because of what I did!

9. chasing_dreams

chasing_dreams Well-Known Member

right. i'm taking away the pepsi max i gave you in the google thread and you can have these instead :tongue:

hope you feel better soon :hug:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hmm..not quite as balanced as i planned but i'd eat it... :dry:

10. expressive_child

Well, I guess I will give someone else the chocolates for now. I will get better in less than a week I guess. Thanks chasingdreams :hug:

11. chasing_dreams

oh, and...

[​IMG] :smile:

12. expressive_child

Thanks...you post your reply so super freaking quick! :blink:

13. chasing_dreams

:laugh: i posted that before i saw yours...i'm not quite that quick!

(and i'd be happy to help out with the chocolate :biggrin:)

14. Blackness

Blackness Guest

pepsi sure beats alcohol or drugs or cutting I guess...

15. Kibure

Kibure Member

If it is an addiction I don't see it as quite so bad as other things you can be wanting. I have the same problem, when I get upset I usually reach for a cherry diet coke. (can't stand regular coke so I guess I am lucky it's diet) You really should take care of how many you drink though or you could blow up like a balloon. And losing weight while depressed can be very very difficult.

16. expressive_child

Yeah, I am still sick because of the shit I pulled the other day drinking only pepsi max the whole freaking day and barely eating anything. But I know I have to control myself cos I can't afford to get sick all the time. Thanks for your concern, I got to take care of my health really. :hug:

17. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I love Pepsi Max, as well. Not so much that I constantly drink it, though. I used to drink it way more, before, but I greatly reduced my intake, when I started thinking about the dangers of aspartame. Apparently, high intakes of aspartame can give you a stroke, and even low intakes will cause your veins and arteries to thin. Don't be fooled, consuming drinks with sucralos, though; sucralos is a substance that there barely is any knowledge about, and it decomposes very slowly, which usually is an indication of a substance being highly poisonous, in some way or another. Coca-Cola Company's drinks with the "Zero" trademark contain this suspicious substance. Coca-Cola Company is a very evil company, anyway, so any drinks from this company, should be avoided.

I love eating just cookies and drinking Pepsi Max, as well... very good combination. Liquorice and Pepsi Max is great, as well. When I move to my apartment, I probably will eat just cookies and drink Pepsi Max, as well, often.

Grappo is a Swedish fizzy drink I like a lot, as well. It's made from grapefruits. The times it's made from grapefruits with very high quality, there's no drink that compares. I never drink just plain water, by the way; if I use the tap to get water, I mix it with something, almost always. Only when I'm desperate, I drink plain water.

By the way, maybe you're a little addicted to the caffeine in it, considering you've ceased with coffee. Probably, however, it is a psychological addiction.

18. expressive_child

Hey Hae Gi,

I think its the caffeine. Cos I don't think there is anything else addictive about pepsi max but that, I mean its the same as coffee. Looks like I quit coffee but I didn't quit caffeine and that says, I don't think I ever will. Caffeine has been one of my 'essential nutrient' ever since I was 17. Still can't believe, I got addicted to caffeine because of a girl I couldn't get. Just a stupid teen crush anyway, well, too bad. I think I will just have to accept the fact that my body is in need of caffeine then. Better than heroin anyway.

19. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I was seriously addicted to caffeine, before; I took caffeine pills that each compared to one cup of coffee (coffee cup size, I suppose), and eventually, I ended up taking ten or twelve at once. I felt so horrible, I decided to completely stop taking them. I slept really much, for some days, and started feeling better, almost immediately.

The reason I took so many pills, was in order to study for school, without falling asleep, while holding the books. But some books were so boring, I fell asleep, anyway, even though I had taken five or six pills.

20. expressive_child

Yeah, I finally realize I can't live without caffeine. Once, I didn't take my usual coffee in the morning and I was like a mad man at work! I was extremely restless and jittery and couldn't do a single thing right. I never tried caffeine tabs before, but I think pepsi max is good enough. Sounds like you can really sleep, which is good. Wish I could sleep that well too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.