Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by tony b, Sep 20, 2011.

1. tony b

tony b New Member

hello. after being a heavy drinker and smoker for many years [with all the troubles and problems these bring] I stopped drinking 8 months ago and smoking ,2months ago.perhaps now I may have some ideas and insights which might be helpful and encouraging to others.
    I dont want to be pushy ...Im no expert or born againer but have lived through a nightmare; and now the nightmare is over
    ..and that is good.
    best wishes.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi and welcome yout to SF. also to congratulate you on your sobriety and getting off smoking as well way to go hun
  3. Soulgirl

Soulgirl New Member

Hi Tony
    I'm new here today, I have been sober for 1 year, 8 months and 20 days!
    It was the best thing I ever did and for a long time the suicidal thoughts went away.
    Today is my birthday though and I've hit a real low point in my life.
    Certainly if I hadn't been sober I don't think I'd still be here.....
  4. tony b

tony b New Member

hello soulgirl thanks for the reply.
    i heard today that the sun will shine tomorrow,I,ll bet it shines on you.
  5. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'm so glad to hear that the nightmare is over for you.. it sounds like you've put in a tremendous amount of work to give up the addictions and I really applaud your courage and determinism (not sure if that's a word). I've personally never been addicted to substances (although my friend and I used to smoke daily at school.. i never got addicted but she did, not sure how that works!?) so can only imagine how hard it is.. anyway, i hope things continue to improve for you. I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

6. suicide43

suicide43 New Member

Please tell me you're secret

I'm swimming in guilt and shame and don't see the end to this horror.

Give me some advice..