Admitting myself to hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I am not sure how that works in the UK - I would try calling a crisis line there and discuss how with them - or possibly just by going to A&E? Hopefully somebody with better knowledge of UK will have more direct advice and see this soon.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

justsomegirl

My brother did this. I'm sure you can go through your GP or psychiatrist, but at the time he did not have either. He simply drove himself to the ER and told them he was too overwhelmed and was worried about hurting himself. They did put him under a mandatory 48 hour hold, but they got him into a room almost immediately and gave him meds and a safe place to sleep.

If you think you should go, go. There's nothing to lose by doing so. And I hope it helps you. :hug:

If you have a doctor, just call them. If you tell them you are suicidal they will call the hospital and let them know you are coming. If you do not have a doctor just go to the ER, let them know they should admit you. Worse case have someone call the the police and ask for a committal. You need to go. Someone mentioned UK, not sure but all of these things are reasonable options in the US. I hope this helps.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Best thing to do if you have family get them to take you to emergency room ok or call crisis line who will send you some help to take you there hugs

justsomegirl

Proud of you! Best of luck, I hope you get some rest and care. Check back in when you can/if you want to and let us know how it went. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00