Admitting Myself

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

If I can get into my counselor on tuesday I'm going to have him, have me admitted into the hospital. It think:

a) I need to be safe
    b) I need to make sure I havent damaged anything
    c) Need to become stable
    d) I need a rest from myself & everyone (offline... I'll miss the online)
    e) To get the help I need

Any idea of what to expect if I'm admitted?
    What happens if I do have liver damage?
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

heya .. i think its a great idea 2 get urself admitted ..
    i hope it helps .. which im sure it will .. :hug: x
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

When you are admitted you will see it's not that bad.. Your locked down on the ward but they have different group meetings you can attend.. I rcommend you take a book or two because it is very boring.. They have a TV but you can't hear it because of all the other clients talking..You will see a phsyciatrist dailey and maybe a therapist.. They will start you on meds and observe you to see if there helping..Don't be afraid just keep telling yourself I am here for the help..Good Luck!!
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you go through wtih this as this is a positive step in getting stable
    and the help you deserve. Nothing to fear help some groups you can attend new meds a psychiatrist psychologist nurses all who will try to give you new skills to face your demons down.
    Let us know how you do okay i hope it all goes well
  5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

It really will give you some good rest. And you may even learn some new coping skills. The last time I was admitted into the psych ward it really wasn't so bad. I spent the majority of my time there reading the books I brought. When I wasn't seeing the doctor or in group I was able to read. There was also TV and movies and everything. It really will give you a break and you do get lots of help in there for the most part.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I do suggest you attend group even if you don't say much. They look favorably on this and it gets you out of your room and gives you something to do and think about. You aren't allowed to take muchin, so reading is about the main activity unless you socialize with the other patients.
  7. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Or if you're in the UK you just get generally ignored (unless you're causing a riot). No therapy whilst you're in hospital. See dr sporadically, if at all, and nurses huddle together in the nurses' office. It's brill! :rolleyes:
  8. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Excuse me but if you are going to be negative don't bother posting on my threads.
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The thing is you get what you put into it Therapy groups are good gives great information allows you to vent. Well the nurses huddling in the station as one put it if you need them let them know i am sure they will come and talk to you they can't read minds so if you need them just ask to talk with your nurse. Give it a try nothing to lose okay take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.