Adult colouring books!

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Petal, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

These are starting to get very popular for those dealing with mental health issues. I bought one last week 'cos of course I needed to see what all the fuss was about!! It's calming, soothing and relaxing to just sit there colouring. I would highly recommend YOU getting one. They are good for calming you down, or getting rid of your bad thoughts and giving you something to focus on, they are cheap, you can use anywhere! No excuse :p:D
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. Silverpuddle

Silverpuddle SF Author

I like adult coloring books a lot. I have the Art Nouveau Animal Designs one from Dover Books . . . the pictures are very pretty.
    3 people like this.
  3. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

You can get them with world landmarks, stained glass and paisley prints. Mom bought me one and it has paisleys, butterflies and flowers.
    2 people like this.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

One of my penpals told me to try this, as a form of therapy. I enjoy coloring so I might need to try this sometime. It seems like it would be soothing and relaxing.
    2 people like this.
  5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I absolutely love them. Got one at Barnes and Nobles and a great set of pencils from Amazon. You can spend hours and hours doing just one. And there is no wrong way to do them.
    3 people like this.
  6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I've been coloring in coloring books for years - my old ones were for kids, but just coloring was relaxing. I'm thrilled that they've got adult coloring books now. A lot more sophisticated! It's fun and creative and I can forget the world for a while when I color. :) Nice to hear that others are enjoying them too!
    2 people like this.
  7. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

These are all over the place in the UK at the moment - massive craze. A friend bought me one for my birthday but to be honest I haven't the patience. My mum used to really like to colour though - maybe I will get her one for Christmas.
    2 people like this.
  8. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

My mom actually just bought me an adult coloring book to help me get through my bouts of manic, depressive, and self harm desires. Now all I have to do is get some better coloring pencils and hopefully I'll be set!
    2 people like this.
  9. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

i love that these really are a thing now. for years I've just coloured kids ones or printed stuff off from online i love them.
  10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am interested but many people would think I am dorky doing it.
  11. Purple_Thorn

You can always color in private. I won't think you're dorky. Also, I think a lot of people would be jealous. Not only of the coloring (and the fun childhood memories and relaxation) but of the bravery to do it in front of people.
  12. Purple_Thorn

I think that's the best part, there is no wrong way to do them.