Advice?? Anything??

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morrgana, Sep 7, 2013.

1. morrgana

morrgana New Member

I don't know what to do anymore. my thoughts are drowning me. I messed up bad in high school and told some ridiculous lies, ended up getting caught and they all hate me. I've apologized but understandably was not forgiven. It's been two years and I still beat myself up about it. Now on top of this my bestfriend died. I don't know what to do, how to move on and forgive myself. any advice is appreciated... but please don't tell me to try to talk to them because it will NOT help.

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

this may come across as a strange idea, but maybe possible..

what about moving somewhere else?. if you have the means too, that is. get a fresh start and everything

maybe it's a bit much but it's the first thing i thought of

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Morgana. I am so sorry that your best friend died. And I am sorry that you are being rejected by people because of a mistake you made by telling lies. Truth is that everyone makes mistakes. Big ones. I hope you can forgive yourself. Because I do not know anyone who has not made some pretty significant mistakes.

Can I ask you how old you are? Are you in high School? If so, would it be possible to talk with a school counsellor? I understand you say that talking with the people who have rejected you, would not help. But I am thinking about someone to talk with. If not a school counsellor than maybe a therapist. i have gone to several in my life. I know that so many people here do also. Just someone to talk with. I think its important, if you can do it. Because its too much to be this alone. A best friend who just died and then going to school feeling rejected by people. And then on top of it all holding self blame.

I am glad you are here. This is a good community. Keep coming here and talking.... if that feels okay to you. I am hoping some other answers will come soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  4. morrgana

morrgana New Member

Emily - I would move, but I have no money and no where to go. :/

Flowers - I know everyone makes mistakes. That's what I keep trying to tell myself. I'm not in school, I'm supposed to be a Senior this year but I dropped out last year. (going in the summer to get my GED). I have thought about going to a therapist but I don't have insurance and just can't afford it, plus I have no car to drive anywhere. I'm just close to giving up.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Morgana, I sure can hear how things look bleak for you. But i have seen things turn around. Where someone comes into a person's life and things do actually change. this is possible.So please dont give up on hope.

Do you live in the US? If you do then you could call the United Way. they have a huge database of information for help for people. Programs that are free. All kinds of things. You could explain to them that you do not have money, insurance or a car. See what they can come up with for you. I have called them for myself. I had to call twice. The first person did not do the same search for help that the second person did. Some are more resourceful than others in finding help. I do not know what might be available but I do think its worth a try. If you live in the US. Usually the phone number for the united way is 211. The person they found for me came to my home. I didnt need to drive to her. and she did it free of charge. She never once charged me. She helped me. Just dont give up. okay? Because you never can know whats just around the corner.