Advice doesnt work!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Blackness, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

When ever someone posts about how down they are feeling or whatever. People or organisations always suggest to tell someone they trust, a close friend or family member.

but what if you have no one. Or you could NEVEr tell them?!?! its just stupid.:mad: Anyone else think the same?
  2. Xalcro

Xalcro Well-Known Member

I can't really say. Guess my intellect isn't of the same calibre of... whoever. :laugh:

I just think it's good for the person to let things out. When we keep things inside, it will slowly eat away at us, destroying us... to share is to show yourself, and then others can help you. Company and care... always a healthy medicine to any soul.

Man, I talk so weird... heh. My advice is never really worth much, so... I really wouldn't know. But yeah. Kinda hypocritical, because I don't usually let things out - can't. But, yeah...

Just my random pathetic views. :D
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I agree with you for the most part, X,.
  4. unnecessary

unnecessary Guest

Agree with you totally. Telling someone I trust? What if I trust NO ONE?
  5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know about TRUST, but what about somebody who's just really close to you, like a parent or best friend? I think the idea is that we imagine that people will react horribly to our "secrets" when in reality, you always hear the relatives and friends say "If only she had said something". Better to just put it out there than to let anything go unsaid.
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I disagree ^ Ive heard my parents talk about mental illnesses.
    They think they arnt real
    they think they are 'all in the persons head'
    they think they dont need professional help.

So thats my parents, and no friends. So there is NO ONE.

such is life. Hold it in!
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You can share here. I know it may not be the same as someone in real life, but many find it much easier to state their feelings on the forum than to say them to someone else. You do have options of seeking out a therapist to speak with. May not be your first choice, but it is someone. You don't have to go it alone.