advice followed meds removed going to kill myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by snickers, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickers

snickers Member

I followed the consensus of advice now my ortho won't give me any more pain meds nor will my reg doc I can't get out of bed due to pain so how can I findd another doc I went thru this surgery on my neck to resolve my pain and it amped it up I can't take it. I am finishing all the meds I have so see u around thanks for all the great advice it is these damn drs and dea that are screwed up not all those who advised me. Maybe this will show the powers that be that they should risk addiction if it will save a life like mine

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I know this problem very well...my neurologist said he wanted to decrease my pain meds as he was concerned I would become addicted...I reminded him I might not live that long...how horrible!

3. vapourdwarf

vapourdwarf Active Member

Maybe you could call your doc and tell them that you at least need an alternative. I thought doctors had a duty to care and not to abandon their patients. I have heard of this type of thing happening before, surely there is something that can be done. This type of thing should be illegal especially if they do not transfer you to some where else for help.

With meds that may cause addiction i thought they would slowly reduce them and offer alternative treatment not just cut them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.