Advice for a noob plz

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Xenta, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Xenta

Xenta Well-Known Member

So as the title says I am a noob when it comes to girls. I am 20 years old almost 21 and I have never had a gf. Mostly because I was always to shy, and never was able to get the courage to talk to them.

But that's sort of changed over the summer. At any rate one of my issues right now is that there's a girl in one of my classes that I like, but I don't know how to approach her. I know that her father is in the hospital right now, and that has me sort of scared of talking to her.

Any one have any advice on this? Should I try to talk to her, and if so what do I even say? Or should I just forget about this?

-JP-

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, or doesn't seem that big of a deal. I am just so confused right now.

2. Tony Walnuts

Tony Walnuts Member

Find a common ground, if you really like the girl let her know... tell her your sorry to hear her dad's in the hospital and ask her how he's doing? or how's she doing? something to get the conversation started but make sure you always have something to keep the conversation going because theres nothing more akward then two people standing there with nothing to say....

Take a deep breath and go for it, girls like confidence, and if you show it, she'll see it, and always remember if she shoots you down, out of all of the girls in the world, they'll be quite a few that won't.

Keep your head up.

3. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

Just ask her out on a date. And if she says no at least u tried.

4. yanke

yanke Active Member

Depends on what you are trying to play.

Type 2 (standard) only allows for the newest sets and core edition.

Type 1.5 (extended) allows for cards from sets that date a few years back. I don't know where Extended ends right now.

Type 1 (Vintage/Legacy) is the hardest to win by unless you have power cards. There are many decks that will win before you get a turn. But those sets use most all the cards.

There are banned and restricted cards for each type.

Standard has no banned or restricted cards.

Extended has 4 banned/restricted cards.
    http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/index.as...

Vintage has 60 banned/restricted cards.
    http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/index.as...

There is one exception to the rule. If a card is legal in a tournament, all copies of that card is legal in that type of tournament. You can use Alpha Llanowar Elves in Standard games because Llanowar Elves were reprinted in Xth edition.

5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

just talk to her. if you make her laugh even better. feign confidence if need be!