Advice needed please. Thank you!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LostInMyDaydreams, Sep 3, 2016.

1. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

My niece is extremely jealous of me and I have no idea why this is. She shows me so much love and then other times she pulls away from me and gives me this "total hate" attitude. If I'm ever on the phone she wants to talk my friends and I always allow her to say "hello" though I like to talk in private and I also like to talk to my mother or father in private or even my brother in private sometimes too. I believe I have that right as a person. It's not like I'm saying anything mean about her, I just sometimes would like to talk to them. Especially if it's personal because I've had a lot of health issues and sometimes I'd like to talk to them about adult issues.

She takes it as I'm against her and I'm not. Not to long ago I kinda blew up because she went too far and my father sat me down on the couch and hugged me. I instantly relaxed because I love my step father so much and he understands how I feel and we tend to see eye to eye a lot of the time. I told him that I was out of line and he told me to try to relax. Right now I'm sick with a UTI and I'm on antibiotics and I woke up crying due to how my niece disrespects me so much. She's very jealous and she even admitted it to my whole entire family.

Once I was talking to one of my guy friends and she got jealous and thought that I liked him more than her. I explained to her very calmly that I love her and but how it's different to love one of your guy friends. One of my guy friends knows a lot about me and we both been through alot together and he's known me for so many years now. Anytime he see's me or calls me I can hear how happy he is to talk to me and it brings a smile on my face and I don't trust that many men at all. I even give huge hugs when I see him.

At this point I'm not sure what to do about my niece. She has a lot of temper tantrums, yells at the top of her lungs, slams her fists on the table, cries and says a lot of mean things. She's even said mean things to my own family and she's been very mean towards me. The moment her parents show up she acts like a perfect angel and acts as if she doesn't do anything wrong. I try to remain my patient with her as much as possible. I have noticed though that she's stressing out my entire family and I'm honestly not sure what to do anymore. I'm trying to keep myself calm and relaxed as much as possible.

What can I do? What should I do when she's nasty or says mean things towards me? What should I do when she makes jealous statements when my mother or father purchases me something? What should I do about this entire situation? Please give me some tips.

This morning she started crying because she thought I was trying to take my step father away from her and another time she got jealous when I was talking to my own brother. I love my niece so much and I tell her this constantly, yet she continues to flip out and get jealous. This morning I blew up and I feel awful. I seriously don't want this to happen again. I need some advice before something like this happens again. I have so much patience and I'm afraid it's starting to wear thin now.
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hey you =)

I understand where you are coming from with this. If she is acting this bad, then your mother and step-father should punish her then. It sounds like she is out of control. She needs to be disciplined. It is not your job to discipline her. Why aren't your parents putting their foot down with this outlandish behavior and saying "enough is enough". You are in a bad spot. But you can't do anything , because you are not your mom or the step-dad.

I hate to hear that you are having medical problems. Such a sweet girl, too.

Take Care