Advice needed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Corax, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corax

Corax Active Member

As is the way with depression, I have no passions, and nothing interests me any more. I'd be willing to shrug my shoulders and call it par for the course, except that this makes it damn hard to occupy myself online.

With no friends, family, job, school ect ect my mindless entertainment is very important to me, and it just stopped being entertaining.

No, really...ever try to find a forum, chat room, or even a youtube video when everything is to your heart and mind as warm wet cardboard is to your taste buds?

I figure some of y'all might know exactly what I'm talking about and could perhaps offer up some advice.

I long to be stimulated. How do I gain an interest in...anything?

2. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

Sorry, but I have no advice for you:( All I can say is that this not motivation makes me spend all my free time by the computer and I do ocasionally find something interesting here, a song that I like, a poem, new information about depression that might help (it's worth a try), new people to meet at least in this virtual world, some funny video or a good joke. I've become addicted to the internet, I know that, but maybe it's better then some other addictions :)

3. Kruger613

Kruger613 Member

Maybe try something that's not computer related? Read a book, take a walk, ride a bike, photography, etc., etc.

Try something that you normally wouldn't try. It can't hurt and you may find something you enjoy.

4. Corax

Corax Active Member

Agreed.
    Though, I find myself sitting in front of the google page with no idea what to type.

5. lachrymose

lachrymose Account Closed

why no school/job?

6. Corax

Corax Active Member

No school for three reasons:
    1.My financial aid was only good for so many semesters, and time ran out.
    2.I can't get more financial aid because my grades suck. I'm reasonably intelligent, but I also have bipolar2 and SAD, so my attention was elsewhere.
    3.I'm broke.

The reason I'm unemployed:
    (and also kind of a reason 3.5 for the school thing) is that every year this great gray beast of melancholy sucks my soul dry worse and worse. I can barely function half the time, let alone hold down a job. I've worked at 13 places in the past ten years. I just can't do it any more. I found a place to hold up until SSDI kicks in...but that's a whole other story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.