Advice needed

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ozbound, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section or not? So my dilema is I have been invited to a party Friday night now the problem is it's my ex's party now she is the one who has invited me. We are still friends and I still have feelings for her we only broke up in Jan but I dont really know any of her friends. I want to go and I don't want to go if that makes sense I struggle on a daily basis to keep it together with the help of Mirtazapine. I don't know if I go I'm gonna get hurt or push myself over the top as it were but if I don't go then I will always have the what if's. I'm so conflicted at the moment I feel like I'm going mad just trying to work out what to do.
    If anyone has any thought please share them with me as I feel like my heads gonna explode.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

My reply probably won't be of much help. The most important thing is to keep yourself safe; you have to decide if you'll be able to handle seeing her and being around her for a while. There's always the option of going and then leaving early if you find it's too much to cope with.

Good luck with whatever you decide!! And sorry my post was a sort of jumbled mess of nothing, I wish I had a suggestion or something that would help!
  3. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Thanks for the reply it made sense never realised just how much an invite to a party would affect me.
  4. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I second WildCherry's advice. Like you said, you'll always wonder about the what ifs if you don't go. Leaving early, if needed, sounds like the best option to me.
  5. smk

smk Well-Known Member

The main issue that I see is that you still like her and maybe by the universe's good graces you might get to be with her. sometimes the bonds that are created do last and others don't....

you might as well go to the party be good to her. regarding the what ifs, is nice to have few regrets...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.