Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Michael1, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1

Michael1 Member

Well i am new here, glad i have found this forum. If i had not i would have committed suicide already. So i would like to say thank you to the Founders.

Well at the moment my life is messed up. I am sixteen(16) years old and already thinking about suicide.

My dad and sister died in the middle of 2007 i have recently moved 400 miles away from my family, it has only just hit me that they have gone. I have no friends nor a social life. My mum puts her boyfriend before me, i have lost touch of a brother because the actions she took to move and take me with her. She doesn't seem to think "Blood is thicker then water". I have no qualifications, i quit school about three months ago due to being bullied.

I mean i have nothing nor a reason to wake up in the morning. I know you are all thinking "Your a coward taking the easy way out". But it is true. It just seems to be more easy to take the 50 ibuprofen's in front of me, i have been giving this some serious thought, it seems like the best option i have. I have tried it before and i have no regrets.

Please can i have some advice on what to do?

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Well done for getting this far - you've been through a heck of a lot. This is a difficult situation for me to get my head round, I'll try my best however. I think you should seek help from your family, you need to tell someone you're this low - if you're suicidal it's better to be around people for a whole host of reasons.

You are not a coward. You're in a truly terrible situation.

If you really feel unable to call your family or friends, I suggest you ring samaritans for more advice and support. Does the school you were at have a counselling support of any kind, might be worth seeing if they do as a first step.
  3. Michael1

Michael1 Member

I feel like my family will take it as one big joke like i am seeking attention.

I cant speak with family, as they have to many problems of there own. They have kids. I haven't spoken to any of my family for six months, let alone seen them. It doesn't even seem like they care, even a phone call means the world. None of the other family speak about how they feel. I guess i don't want to drag them down, with how low i am.

Thanks for your input.
  4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to SF Micheal. Yes, SF can be great because of the people that made it this way and now you are part of it :)

Have you tried talking to your mom about it? Telling her that it hurts you when she gives more importance to her present boyfriend?
  5. Michael1

Michael1 Member

Thank you .

Yes i have tried to talk with her, however she seems like she is taking it on bored but as soon as her boyfriend is in the question she forgets about me... or the whole family for that matter.

6. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Whilst that's admirable sentiment, sometimes you have to look out for number one. Talking to them may drag them down as you put it, but how much more would it drag them down if you took those pills?
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Well not every family is caring, which sucks i know. You choose your friends but not your family.
    But you're still young with so many doors open to you. As cliche as it might sound, it is the simple truth. Many teens move out once they hit 18 for a reason.
    Right know you need someone close that can listen and advise you. If not in real life, then perhaps you can have a meaningful friendship with someone on SF. Talking is good therapy. It's cheap and accessible.

Keep talking to us, even if it's just to vent.
  8. Michael1

Michael1 Member

Well the way it is right now i don't think they would get dragged down. I mean they have not contacted me for six months, so all they know is i could be dead already.

I feel they have to many other things to worry about. Just seems easy to just get it over and done with.
  9. Michael1

Michael1 Member

I have no friends, not many what i can trust anyway so i guess i wont call the friends.

I have tried with my mum, she see's to forget it. She don't care about anyone but herself and her boyfriend. She moved away when her mum and dad needed her most, as they are slowly dying.

I see it as, i am holding her back. I am sure if i was not here she would gladly move in and forget she even had three kids and one cute grand child.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  10. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

What's more important to worry about than a family member?
  11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Sadly this isn't always true ...
  12. Michael1

Michael1 Member

The truth is, there is nothing. I have nothing in my life, i wake up disappointed that i have even woken up. Its on my mind all the time. I am scared of what the future holds, if any future.
  13. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

How do you know your mum still feels that way if you haven't spoken for 6 months, and how can you be holding her back if that's the case.

You are doing what most if not all depression sufferers do and making conclusions that do not necessarily ring true with reality.
  14. Michael1

Michael1 Member

I have spoken with her, i live with her. I meant that i have not spoken to any other family; brothers, sisters, grandmas and granddads, aunties and uncles, nieces and nefues, cousins etc.

But i have drummed it into my head so much that i believe it is true.
  15. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I would suggest that you try calling a family member or your mother about it if you can. Depression is often not spoken about even behind closed doors. When I was suffering, it only came out later that my aunt had suffered for several years, and was my best initial counsellor/shoulder-to-cry-on for a long time.

Who knows, maybe someone close to you knows someone who's been through some of the same feelings you can tlak to.

Have you tried Samaritans?
  16. Michael1

Michael1 Member

I wouldn't know how to tell them, if i call my sister i would just get laughed at... she would think i am insane.

No i have not tried samaritans, i have never heard of them.

I am starting to think to myself, to just take the easy option out. I would work out better for everyone else. It has gone past the point of pain.
  17. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Hey there Michael,

Sorry to hear that your circumstances are so difficult.

So just to try to make clear, something happened to your dad and your sister in 2007, and then more recently you moved away with your mom. Did any other siblings come with you? You have another sister that stayed behind?

Was life ok before you moved away?

It could be that some of your relatives would like to get in touch but they don't know how to get in touch, or it could be they have a bad relationship with your mom.

You might want to try giving them a call.

Is there a relative that you get along with well?

I wonder if you could live with one of your relatives instead of your mom.

If you like your grandparents and they need help, maybe you could live with them and also help them. You might like the school where they live better, too.

There links to suicide hotlines here, and I think that there is specifically a hotline called "samarateens", as you might guess, for teenagers. I don't have it right now, but I can try to look it up.

Hey, I hope things get much better real soon
  18. Michael1

Michael1 Member

Yes my dad and sister (step-sister) died in 2007. No, no one moved with me and my mum. It is just me and my mum.

Life was ok, not the best but was better then it is now.

What triggered the move was my mum, she fell in "love" with this prick. He cheated on his wife to be with my mum. We moved for him, at that point i was cavil with him. But it all changed when we moved, he started to say stuff about my family but when i confronted him about it he denied it. I then saw a text what he send my sister talking about my father what passed away. I was not happy so i confronted him... again, he denied it. We got into a fist fight and i get arrested. He is sure not to come near the house ever again.

Even my mum saw the text and said nothing, not even asked him why he done it.

After my resent birthday when i turned 16, my mum has been saying "Do this, or move out". Its like she regrets even giving berth to me, i sure regret even being born.

Thank you for your kind words.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  19. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Hey Michael,

This is a number for an organization called "Samarateens" 1-800-252-8336

I think that it is staffed by teenaged councilors.

I think that you can also call one of the regular suicide counciling numbers.

Yeah, so, maybe staying with one of your relatives would be better, if that is possible.

Do you want to talk about how your dad and sister died?
  20. Michael1

Michael1 Member

Thank you for that information.

Yes sure i can talk about how may dad and sister died.

My dad died from Myeloma, he was given months to live but however lived for an extra six years, what is great. I never saw my dad for 7 years, he left my mum when i was young. I never saw some of my family either due to issues what my mum and the family have with each other. I got in contact when i was old enough to stand up and say i wanted to.

My sister died giving berth to her son, she developed brain and heart problems. She was in a Coma for two months on a life support machine. She sadly died what was a choice by her mother (my step-mother), she was simply going to die anyway over a course of time on the life support machine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.