Advice on help please

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Doug1027, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug1027

Doug1027 Active Member

Can someone please give me advice how I might get help for my chronic depression. I live in the US, have no medical insurance, little money and have attempted suicide 4 times now, I don't think I will survive the 5th. I'm willing to do anything, including drugs/medication.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I live in Northern California and I go to county mental health. I started going back to them in September 2008 because I was very suicidal at that time.

The doctor at mental health has been very helpful for me. Some counties require a referral from a regular doctor. Call them, tell them you are suicidal and ask if you need a referral. If you need a referral go to a health clinic, they have sliding fee, or the ER.

I've been on medication for 16 years. It make take a few tries to find the medication that works for you. This is normal and is nothing to be alarmed about.

Please contact them as soon as possible and please keep posting here. We help each other here.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey Doug, do you have a crisis line or suicide line available where you are? Call them and tell them exactly what you have said here. They can give you contact numbers and resources that you didnt know existed. Or you can go to your nearest hospital and they will have information on dealing with and treating suicidal thoughts and feelings. Another thing to try is a support group. There are groups for depression. It's a lot like being here, but with real faces. And everyone there is either where you are or have been there. Another excellent place to get info and numbers to help you find help. Keep posting hun and let us know what is going on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.