Advice on writing a resume?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by HomerSimpson, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

For the last at least 4 years I have taken care of my grandmother, and during that time have went back to school. I switched majors so I am still not completely finished. Taking care of her has been a full time job, and the biggest reason for my depression. Anyway I now have help with her and can look for a job.

What can I put on a resume for what I have been doing for the last 4 years. Should I put home health care or something like that? What do you recommend.

BTW, please do not think I am a bum for not working for so long, but depression and taking care of her has been the hardest things I have ever had to deal with, and anyone who has had to do the same will understand.

2. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Could class it as live-in carer, which implies it was a 24/7 job.

Make sure you really push the whole 'position of responsibility' thing they really like shit like that.
  3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Thats a tough one tho i think black orchid has the right idea... as well make sure your put your skills first and emphases that instead of work experience...make your skills the 1st thing people see when they read your resume...I hope this helps...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.