Advice? Or maybe this is a rant... idk

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dharma4815162342, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

So part of the reason why I am so stressed out recently is because I am graduating college and have no idea what it is I'm going to do. I'm scared and nervous that I will fail at anything and everything I try to accomplish. My parents just make this worse! I am home for Thanksgiving and my mother is constantly on me about how expensive everything is going to be once I graduate and they arn't helping me anymore. Like I'm not stressed about it enough she has to push it into my face that even getting my teeth cleaned is going to be too expensive for me to afford and that I'm not being greatful enough now for what they are doing for me. I just wish I had the energy to go out there and work hard enough to become independent from them now because I hate that they hold this weakness over my head all the time. I'm just stressed because I'm also trying to do all the homework and other responsibilities that being a senior in college forces upon me. And being depressed doesnt make any of these things easier! I just don't know how to deal with these emotions and what to do about them. Thanks for listening to me rant!

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sorry things seem so rough, Dharma...as your name says, remember how imperfect everything is and give yourself a break...your parents adding more pressure is truly insensitive...you will be OK if you believe that...all the best, J

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

im sorry to hear that...dont be afraid of the unknown...you dont know what the futer hide...you just lost cos you were have goal and busy in study & suddnly free & dont know where you will work...
    I know parants always give prusser thinking this is the right way to give motivation to there children...I hate that...but remmber that there way to tell you they likes you & want you to be sucsseful...
    take care

4. lachrymose

lachrymose Account Closed

Dharma, what is your goal?

this may not apply to everyone, but everytime i give myself a goal i feel better about myself. I feel as if there are things that i can look forward to. i am graduating from college too with a bachelors degree, you are probably nearly the same age as me, i'm sure you have plenty of years that have not yet come (still young). those years may just be the years where you will find success or be happy with what you do. good luck!

5. Dharma4815162342

I agree I do probably have alot of wonderful years ahead of me. But what if I screw up all the happiness I am suppose to have because I don't take the opportunities and chances I have now. I don't know. I'm just feeling lost and like a failure and thats not very motivational to do better in life. Plus I'm feeling super alone.

6. Jack_Smart

Jack_Smart Member

hi there,
    i'm really sorry about it. may be she don't have belief with you. don't worry you can set things right.make lot of friends and get some ideas about your future. don't listen to the voice that discourages you. have self confidence and you will win.

7. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

You may have to acknowledge that you will be more independent in a hurry. You'll have to take risks, change your daily lifestyle, and set new goals- but you'd have to do that anyway. If you're depressed, of course it will make it harder, and that's just another challenge that is coming your way. Take those challenges and try to find a way to meet them. Whatever happens happens, but you have a lot of opportunities ahead.

8. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey Dharma,

I'm in a similar situation at the moment. I have one subject left to complete my degree, and I'm struggling to complete it. Everything went fine up until 2 years ago. Passed everything then failed the subject, and again last year and so I'm busy with my last chance this year.

I have a supplementary exam in January, and my parents are treating me like I backslided during the year, basically doing nothing. When the truth is that I've basically alienated all of my friends - just working to get the damn project finished.

All I can say is keep at it. I'm in a position to finish my degree now, where a few months ago I didn't think it was possible. As Lachrymose said, set a goal for yourself for each day and just take it one day at a time. Sounds simple, but I wish it actually was.

Anyway, if you need to talk sometime, send me a PM. Best of luck with your studies!

Max

9. Dharma4815162342

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. I guess I need to just not worry about what my parents think or say and just do what will make me happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.