Advice please

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jballan, Aug 18, 2016.

1. jballan

jballan Member

So I canceled all appointments with my doctor. She asked what I wanted to do, I said nothing. She called me today and left a message saying she made an appointment for me for tomorrow at 230. I didn't ask for that. I don't have anything to say to her. Wth? What should I do? I don't even want to leave her a message saying I'm not coming. I don't know what to do!!

2. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It sounds like you are not feeling well and she has reasonable cause to be concerned. I would suggest that if you don't contact her in some form, the situation will only escalate. As you know, she has a responsibility to report her concerns and contact a MH crisis team if she believes you are in danger of harming yourself. Is this the case? Are you safe at the moment? What is going on that you don't want to see her anymore?

3. jballan

jballan Member

I just don't feel like she understands and is critical. I want to find someone else though I've had no luck thus far. I just have nothing to say to her. Nothing.

4. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

What kind of doctor are we talking about here please?

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What do you think yourself would be the best outcome? Do not like or get along with this particular doctor? Please share more info and we will try and help :)

6. jballan

jballan Member

She's my psychiatrist, psychotherapist.. I went to the appointment. I feel horrible now. I feel like I am destine to fail and that trying is pointless. When you get to a point when you don't have the energy to convince yourself one more day, just one more day. I don't have the energy to care anymore, to fight, to hope. No faith. Everything is lost.

7. lilshortcanadian

lilshortcanadian Active Member

Hey Jb I was there last year myself. I felt like I had no one I could actually everything to when my therapist was out of country. It seem like everything fell apart and all slammed down on me when he left. But when I did what I did. I honestly felt no better. Sometimes you just have to find that right one where you connect with. Trust me, you can for sure connect with the right therapist. I think your therapist is just concered and worried for you. I believe you should go to that apointment. If you dont like it, ask for a new one. You have to feel comfortable with that therapist and environment. Give it a shot. Trust me. I know we dont know each other at all. But we on SF are all here to help.

8. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

So what have you been talking about with your psych so far? I know sometimes with therapy, you feel much worse before you start to improve. You have to face some fears and raw emotions that you would probably prefer not to. The medication can take an age to have some effect. Its not a easy time. I find my psych asks some very awkward questions that I struggle to answer, but it makes me think on a different level because he has a different perspective to my own. Thats why I like this place so much, I get so many different perspectives.

lilshortcanadian likes this.