advice please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by serivok, Jun 26, 2009.

1. serivok

serivok Active Member

the woman i love left me for another man but recently came back. i was afraid to take her back at first for fear of bein hurt again. but i love her so i did, her mother doesn't know that the woman i loves daughter might be mine, and since the was born i haven't been able to see her because her mom wants her to marry the man she left me for. she just threatened to get a restraining order on me, which i think is impossible because the girl is 20, but the threats do work on the girl. at the moment i'm completely lost, what should i do?

2. Sorry to pester... I just can't seem to grasp your situation here. I think I got lost with the "her mother doesn't know that the woman i loves daughter might be mine, and since the was born i haven't been able to see her because her mom wants her to marry the man she left me for. she just threatened to get a restraining order on me, which i think is impossible because the girl is 20, but the threats do work on the girl. at the moment i'm completely lost, what should i do?" part. Could you possibly reword it or go into depth here? Sorry.

3. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

He means "[his girlfriend's] mother doesn't know that [his girlfriend's] daughter might be his child. He hasn't seen the child since the birth because hiis girlfriend's mother wants her to marry the man that his girlfriend left him for, and has threatened to get a restraining order against him. His girlfriend believes the threats his mother makes.

I don't really have much advice for you, but if she is 20, she should be able to make her own decision. You just have to convince her that you really need to see your child. If not, a court could help to get a DNA test, and confirm whether the child is yours. What country are you in? (I'm just interested in terms of the laws)

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

He daughter should be able to do what ever she wants if the child is yours. You 2 should move in together, with the child of course. If the child is not your (paternity test required) and the father wants the child, then here come the lawyers. First find out who the child belongs too. Good Luck!