advice please

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by damnneighbor, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damnneighbor

damnneighbor Guest

I know this isn't the biggest thing to complain about on the board, but I just need some advice.

Ok. Whenever I go outside of my house or turn my bedroom light on, certain neighbors verbally harass me (3 separate houses @ least!). These are some examples of what they've shouted @ me since like January: "EEWWW!", "F*** NO!", and anything else to make me feel ugly and not-attractive-enough for them. I'm an 18 yr. old female in a neighborhood full of men (teens to adults), so imagine.

The prob is that since it's only verbal, I have no evidence of what's been going on. I told my mom and she even talked to one house; they claimed, "I've never even seen her [referring to me, of course] in my entire life!" BULLS***! Like I said, no evidence on me, so she believed them.

The bigger prob is that for the past few months, I've felt incarcerated within my home. They've made me so self-conscious that I have to get my brother to check the mail, I have to close the garage before I step out of my car, I keep the blinds to my room closed, among etc...

I apologize for complaining about something that doesn't even compare to most of the probs on this board (that's why I'm hiding my real user name on this post haha). I want to be free and @ least be able to check the mail again (no, seriously). Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you
  2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

to prove it i would gain some kind of evidence, maybe create a log, of things that are said like:

the date
    what was said
    and by who

but if you want concrete evidence, if your planning to take it further like to the police for harrassment then maybe trying to recored whats being said maybe a good idea
  3. wienerman

wienerman Guest

i was going to say that
  4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

beat ya to it :tongue: lol
  5. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

me too :laugh:
    But yeah, keep a log, and carry some sort of dictaphone or something with you and record whatever they say.
    I hope you manage to get this sorted out, you don't deserve to be a virtual prisoner in your own home because of these people :hug:
    Let us know what happens, will you?
  6. damnneighbor

damnneighbor Guest

Thanks all for the log and audio ideas!

Now, one more question!!!:
    Is IGNORING them the only way for me to be able to walk around my neighborhood again?

It does sound silly, but it's more serious than you think. Some of you may know that you can only ignore something for SO LONG.. until you CRACK! I know we've all been called some s*** @ some time in our lives, but these neighbors have labelled me w/ the worst thing you could call me (I don't want to cry again, so I won't say it now). My self-consciousness is now the highest it has ever been. I WANT TO WRITE A GIANT 'F*** YOU!' ON THEIR DOORS or BURN their houses down! No, don't call anyone- I'm not really gonna do it.

..take me out of hiding.. please <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.