Advice please

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by spidy, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

I have met a girl she likes to burn shows me her blisters and then the sores later.this actually triggers me to want to cut.I m hoping she stops but if she dosnt i m scared im going to cut my arm up as i still havnt worked out how to release my emotional pain .In seeing this again just makes me think how easy it is to take hurt in another way and also have that chance of hitting a vein

2. ninnie

ninnie Member

You're not asking for advice Spidy but I don't think it's a good idea to spend much time around this girl, no matter how nice she may be. She will (unconsciously) tempt you into self destructive behaviour again.
    I also think that she shows you her wounds as a cry for help. The last thing you need is to go down that path again.

I haven't a clue of how to release emotional pain either but I don't think that hurting yourself is the answer, although it often seems so.

I agree with you that it's such a fine line between keeping yourself safe and starting to hurt yourself again. It's bloody scary, how fragile we really are...

x

3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Yep thanks
    I know it comes down to my inner strength.I do have great urges and thank god for this forum where i can vent and have some logic thrown back at me so thanks

4. ninnie

ninnie Member

I'm glad that this forum keeps you sane. I don't come here too often but I can imagine that it's good to vent.

I logged on to vent as well but instead I find myself replying to people's threads. (which is no surprise because I'm not good at venting my emotions and thoughts ;-)

Stay safe.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with everything ninnie said spidy...
    please do what's best for you ..and it doesn't sound like this girl is! :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.