Advice wanted for new job

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by TinkerLoop, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinkerLoop

TinkerLoop Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Just looking for a little help i guess. I'm jobless at the moment as some of you might know. I would really love to be able to go into my next job with no worries be able to go sleeveless in the hot whether. Yes I have scars all up my arms and well I work in child care how can i approach the subject? and what would be the best ways to answer children who may question it?

Please reply

Debs

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I think you need to ask your boss that. I personally would never let a child see my scars (I used to work with children a lot), because I felt it was not appropriate. I wore a tubi grip and told them I injured my arm.

Asking your boss is important so that you have the bosses backing and that way you won't say anything that can get you in trouble or anything.

Working with children is absolutely awesome! I do hope you manage to get a job and love it!

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Not sure on the first part, sorry. If the kids ask though you could turn it into a story of sorts. by saying you escaped the clutches of a monster or something along those lines.

4. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

I told someone once that I fell through a plate glass window. That is how many scars I have. I told them I put my arms up to block my face. They believed it that was the end of it.

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I LOVE tubigrips. As in lovelovelove them because they're so versatile for excuses. Failing that, I'd go with the long sleeve route -- I reckon better not to show them, to be honest -- what if the kids said something to the parents?

But if you're not worried about that then I'd make up wild and wondrous stories about wrestling alligators or something like that, seeing's they're kids. Either way, whatever you decide, good luck -- lemme know how it goes. :hug:

TDM

6. thenegative1

thenegative1 Member

I found this thread kind of funny with the made up stories I mean. I use to make up stupid shit like fighting bears...pretty much any story could be believable depending... and they're kids so the possibilities are endless. You'd give them a myth to wonder about. As for hiding them... I wouldn't....unless they're fresher. Either be uncomfortable or not worry....

7. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I think long sleeves are the best way to go. I own a few long sleeved tops that are almost sheer so they are good for covering scars but also good for wearing in summer because they're so thin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.