Advice would be greatly appriciated

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dannypullly, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannypullly

Dannypullly New Member

I am new to this and have never visited a site of this nature but for some reason I was drawn here.

Growing up in a middle class family I had everything I ever wanted loving parents a good relationship with my brother And did well at school I was lucky for what I had and I always appreciated it, I am now 21 and work for a bank. Around 2 years ago I fell into debt and have struggled since, I felt like I couldn't tell anyone as I didn't want to let my mum And dad down And couldn't risk loosing my job. Each month for the past 2 years has been a massive struggle I have let my appearance go, lost my friends And got addicted to weed and alcohol also just cigarettes I also stopped eating. Due to the fact I stopped eating I have become gaunt and very thin I currently weigh 8.01 stone - I have had issues with work getting their on time and even functioning. I have become a burden on my parents and my brother borrowing money left right And centre to get me through the month as I couldn't cope without the above listed things - I have lied to my family And manipulated them into giving me what I want And I am ashamed of myself and do not deserve the family I was lucky to get. I have recently become suicidal And feel I have wasted my time in the world also I feel trapped And have no one to turn to, I am a good person and honest I am also a good listener but I cannot live like this anymore. I went to the doctors and he was not interested even though to look at me I look dead already. I have had no relationship since all of this started around 3 years ago and have no interest in sex and things of this nature I feel more satisfied being alone as this is all I have grown to know.

I have created my own demise and I don't blame anyone but myself, I have issues trusting people thus no contact with anyone re my issues even though people at work notice things I just shrug it of and pretend its not happening.

I stumbled across the site when looking for something else I'm sure you don't need me to tell you what I was looking for.

I feel this is a last ditch attempt for me as I have no other avenue to Persue this is the most honest I have been in a long time and maybe I found this site for a reason

Thanks for your time and I appreciate you taking your time to read this I tried not to make it massive

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Seriously, tell your family the whole thing.
    No one expects old heads on young shoulders and everyone makes a mess of something in life.

I know you will blanch at the thought of fezzing up, but I have found in my life, when the chips are down, family do come through.
    And they will have your welfare at the forethought of their minds.
    So bite the bullet and tell them the lot.

I can tell you as a parent, I would prefer a tale of woe from my son, than viewing his body at the morgue. (God Forbid!)
  3. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Hey Dan, do your parents / brother know how you feel? It can be well nigh impossible feeling to tell one's parents how you feel, but what have you got to lose? But first, you need to get to a doctor that doesn't suck. Can you go back and request a different one?
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Danny, I agree with the above - trying to keep it secret from your family must be at least half of the strain of it. You sound like a wonderful person who just needs a bit of help over this rough patch - I know they would be there for you and help you through, but they can't do that if they do not know what you need, and would be saying (if they knew) - oh, if only we had known, etc... I have a son about your age, so am thinking, if you were him, I would absolutely so want to know - need to know - it would bring us closer together. No one expects you to have life all figured out at 21, especially these days when there's so many issues a young head has to sort. Together you will be able to work out a plan, a strategy for getting back the reins - this is by far the best solution hun, all the very best with biting the bullet - as hard as it seems, it is by far the best thing to do:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.