Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I've been here a while. Overstayed my welcome perhaps.

I've hit a wall. Not sure what to do. Yes, I'm seeing a t. Yes, I'm on meds. Yes, I've put myself out there to do different things these past few months.

Triggered severely by old memories recently.

Again, I don't know what to do. If I am completely honest with my t, I'd be dismissed and enrolled into something or another I believe. I couldn't deal with that.

I think about previous times and wish I had continued what I had started. The future scares me. Th thought of it. It seems like everything scares me atm. Even the smallest things send me off balance.

What to do? Any thoughts or constructive ideas?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your therapist can not help you you know that hun if you are not totally truthful. I would hope T would not dismiss you for being honest hun
    You have not overstayed your welcome hun You post away ok sorry your are being triggered so much hun hugs
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

It can be hard at times. I'm sorry this is a hard time for you. You haven't overstayed your welcome at all. Always good to see you. :)

Sometimes we just keep putting one foot in front of the other...until we get some place different. Somewhere along the way, we find something that takes us the right new direction. And while we're walking, we talk to the T, we take the meds, we just "keep going" somehow. :arms:
  4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thank you TE & Acy...

I know re being honest. Its not that I'm not, its just that I censor very much. And now, ofc, I feel stupid because I should know better.

I long for some relief, escape, peace.. something that isn't this hell. Selfishly.
  5. berlingots

berlingots New Member

Yes, memories of the past, especially sensitive ones, are indeed powerful triggers for highly emotional states. It might feel overwhelming and even distressful, but with the help of a therapist can be very helpful!

I really think having a therapist is helpful to bounce ideas and feelings around. It is helpful to be honest too. I understand the challenges of being honest, not wanting to share your most private memories with someone else and the fear it instills in the system. But that's why therapy exists in the first place, it creates a safe zone where you can talk about these things. Plus I'm pretty sure the therapist can provide you with valuable insight to your particular issue.

If being honest with the memory is difficult, try being honest with your feelings first, which is much easier. The conversation will eventually flow to what you need to talk about. Small steps will take you there.

I hope this helps, good luck!
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thank you berlingots.

Easier said than done, especially in my case.

Take care all. Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.