Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feared.Desire

I need help.
In retrospect, my life isn’t bad. But I only have a few close friends, by choice mostly.
One of which is in the military.
One lives in Toronto (I live in Ottawa)
And the other I don’t see much.
The only one, however; I do see all the time, is my girlfriend. I love her more than anything, but sometimes I don’t know what to do.
There’s nobody I’d rather spend time with, so I spend all the free time I possibly can with her, which is why I say I only have a few friends now by choice. Because it is my choice to spend all my time with her.
She started taking birth control a while back, and I think this is the point when she dumped me… Out of nowhere. We got back together the next day. I kind of understood, her hormones were just going haywire…
She did it for three months, and still didn’t like it. So, she stopped. For that week where she stopped things gradually got better and better, and after about five days she was back to normal. We had great times. I was happy, she seemed content. He got along perfectly.
Two days ago she started taking them again. Now, suddenly I’m Satan spawn, and apparently check out other girls all the time (which I swear on … something very valuable [nothing comes to mind] that I don’t.)
She also claims that we always have to do what I want to do, which is usually stay in during weekends. I used to be a party fiend, and do enough drugs to down an orphanage, but I quit. My friend who I used to go out with all the time is the one who left to the military, and I don’t hang out with anyone else anymore … So I see no point in going out to parties. I have some friends that I only see at parties, and I consider them my friends, but we understand we only see a lot of each other during Christmas break or summer break, and we all go to our own lives during the year with work/school (most of them are older than I.)
So, she said to me today that we’ll last either as long as she can stand me, or however long it takes for me to find someone else, whichever comes first.
When we’re in good standings, we’ve said that we’re going to stay together for a minimum of 83 ½ (as of now) more years.
It seems as though what she says 100% depends on her emotions, and her emotions are all out of whack sometimes I think. I try and do everything I possibly can for her, and I’m about as whipped as a guy can get, but I do it because I want to see her happy.
I realize I’m stubborn and hard headed, but in most cases I don’t know where she’s coming from. She almost always talks me into going out save for a few occasions. And when we go out, it’s usually with her group of friends that are none too fond of me, and I am none too fond of them either. She’s one of my few reasons for living, and when she’s mad at me, even if it’s irrational, I still feel like total shit.

So, that was my rant that I felt I needed to get out there… Now, my real question is how long does it take for birth control to start taking affect?
I’m going to assume that it is the fault of the birth control, but I’m oblivious on the subject. I don’t think it’s a mere coincidence, but I just don’t know if she really means it, (she’s said things like this before, but not usually not unless certain hormonal circumstances come into play…) I need to know if she’s serious, or if this will just blow over…again.

I want her to get off of birth control … even if it’s not the fault of it now, no good can come of it. It didn’t last time, and it won’t this time.

If anyone has any advice on how to deal with someone going through that kind of thing, please help. I don’t know what to say. It doesn’t seem to matter what I say. Whatever I say is apparently wrong. . . I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to loose her. I just want her to be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Why don't you ask her to speak to her doctor about using the shots. I forget what they're called. My ex switched from the pills to the shot. It will cause her mood to swing all over the place at first and then it will quit affecting her that way. It's the only thing I can think of other than you using condoms. I hope things straighten out for you, it is obvious that you love her. Good Luck!~Joseph~

Feared.Desire

Aye aye. I'll give that a shot ... :)
Just wondering, but, how long did it take for her to stop going crazy after using the shot?

If this birth control doesn't work, I think I've talked her into giving up on it...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00