advice

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lowcorn, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowcorn

Lowcorn Member

id like to start out that im not suicidal. . . im just very confused. a week ago my grandfather was diagnosed with leukemia. the doctors say its a 50/50 chance of him makeing it through and a 70/30 chance of him living with it for the rest of his life. My familiy is all very upset. people i dont expect to cry or even show emotion are very sad. Im confused why im not. i dont feel any sadness. i visited him in the hospitol and everything and i dident feel anything it was just like any other time i was with him. Is there something wrong with me? why dont am i not the one who is upset? i mean im always the sensitive one. i always cry over stupid things and yet one of THE MOST important people in my life is dieing. and i feel nothing. what the hell.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It could be that you either haven't accepted what is going on or your mind is not allowing yourself to think of the negative side of things. When you are told 50/50 there is a bit of a safety net there. It can go either way. your mind says that he will survive and things will be just as they have always been. It takes awhile for reality to sink in for some people in certain situations. Don't feel bad for not crying or feeling any different. But also don't be surprised if it hits you when you least expect it. take care. Your family is in my thoughts. :hug:

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I agree with gentlelady. there is nothing wrong with you. It might take some time for the news to kind of sink in. when my grandma died I was the same way. at first I kind of went on like nothing happened. and then after I stopped getting letters from her it hit me. I used to get letters from her at least once a month. All I can suggest is to go and see him as much as you can. you might even be telling yourself that it is going to be okay and he will pull through. which means you have hope and there is definitley nothing wrong with that.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Everyone reacts differently to news like this and with leukemia there is a chance that he might beat it with tx and bone marrow there is hope and i think that is what you are holding onto. Take care and i hope the best for your grandfather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.