advice

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by i-am-from-the-moon, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i-am-from-the-moon

i-am-from-the-moon Well-Known Member

ok i wasnt sure where to put this but i need ideas i need a way to stop pain what do you all do to stop pain apart from painkillers

2. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

If you hurt so much you should call a doctor. Only they can give you something stronger if needed. Or call the ER.

3. i-am-from-the-moon

the docters said all thats left for me take is morphine or to overdose on painkillers

4. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

What kind of pain?

5. i-am-from-the-moon

like urm well i got missing muscle and its a pain i cant describe i had operations but i wna know how stop hurting

6. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Call an ambulance then. Only at the hospital they will give you Morphine.

7. i-am-from-the-moon

they wont give it me id need it rest of my life thats y i ask wht u all do

8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

im sorry you are in pain :hug:

i would be very surprised if the docs told you that all is left is to take morphine or overdose :unsure:

you say the docs wont give you morphine. so im a little confused :unsure:

what have THEY told you that you should be doing and/or taking med wise? docs nowadays are very aware of pain and if it cant be managed appear to be quite good at referring to a pain managemnt clinic in the uk. i assume this is something that has been discussed?

again, im sorry you are suffering

ellie

9. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

For Now they will give you.

On long term, have you thought about things like aqua "gym", kine-massages etc?

10. i-am-from-the-moon

they didnt give me out after my last operation they said i need walk but i cnt my leg gives in alot so i dunno what to do

11. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

go back to doc? though i assume you have docs appointments very frequently as you have been operated on?

they tell people to get on and walk when limbs need moving when they can heal and strengthen with movement....

but speaking to your docs is the best thing i think sweet.

12. i-am-from-the-moon

i tried that he just said in these words ''what do you expect me to do about that''

13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Go to a different doctor, it's obvious this one is no help. They can refer you to a physiotherapist who can help you walk and lessen the pain. Or they can prescribe something that'll work better - there's always options for pain relief, worst case scenario they can inject something into your spine that'll block pain from the lower body for several weeks/months at a time.

14. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

...Ouch.

15. i-am-from-the-moon

all my docs are idiots at first they blamed giants lumps on weight then yin and yang (no word of a lie) and now cuz they dont know they said if i take summit it could either help or make it worse and i dont want anymore needles in me i had in one day 56 so im kinda scared of them now what do you all do for pain????

16. i-am-from-the-moon

so does no one do out for pain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.