Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Theone, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theone

Theone Well-Known Member

i was wondering if anyone could help me, im not really sure what to do..... ive been feeling extremely bad over the last few weeks.... ive been probably worse than i have ever before... but now basically for the sake of my family and friends i have to make a choice... i started to see a councilor through the GP but that was only once but now ive moved up the waiting list because of "recent events".... the only thing is i dont think its frequent enough to have any positive effect.... ive been to the GP again and got loads of help leaflets but dont know what to do....... students counseling service, group with councilors and others or medication.... maybe a combination of all three.... i just dont know..... to be honest i would rather completely give up... end it... i just dont see the point.... if i have to do all this just to function a bit better wouldn't it be better if i just stopped trying... i dont want it to be like this forever... feeling bad, getting worse, suicidal, get help, then begin over again..... if i stop now then dont have to go through the cycle over and over agin.... this is just me thinking out loud..... just felt this is a place i could do that...
  2. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

i know its rough. the cycle never ends. things are bad. things get worse. you get suicidal. get help. maybe have a few god times. then its back to bad and worse. a friend of mine dragged me into the counseling center at uni to make an appt but they have no openings that i can make it to. she wont let me not go though so its going to be rough trying to even get in never mind keep finding openings. im sorry things are so bad for you too :( but ya know as bad as things are maybe one day they will get better and maybe thats what you and i and everyone should all look forward to... *hugs* im sorry im not of much help
  3. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

If you've got weeds in your garden that you want to get rid of...and all you do is cut off the's going to come back after a while. So what you need to do is take the whole thing out i.e. including its roots.

I'd say go to a psychologist and talk, talk, talk. Look for the root of your problem, don't fight symptoms.

I guess that's the best advice I can give you.
  4. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Hey Theone, I'm glad you were able to make it to the drs today. There is always point for you to keep trying, like saphire said maybe it'l help to see someone so you can talk through your feelings and thoughts, help you make sense of them and hopefully help you to feel differently. I've been told that the medication can act as a scaffolding to help you gain the strength to use the other services available to you such as the counsellors. I know going through this cycle isn't easy and maybe I'm not the best person to say this but hopefully those bad times will become less and less as you can more skills to cope with them healthily and safely without letting them over take you. I hope your ok, sorry if I've not helped. sending a hug :hug: hope you managed to catch up with your friend and see that she's ok with you x
  5. Theone

Theone Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyones reply, I don't know I kinda fed up of talking just goes Around and around and around.... Does it not seem pointless to everyone else... I just dunno anymore...
    Thanks for the hugs.... No I haven't seen my friend yet, that's still playing on my mind
  6. Sapphire

Absolutely not. I think you misunderstood. Just talking about it is one thing. That may help you to feel a bit better momentarily but it won't make you well. What I'm talking about is talking in a way so that it has an actual therapeutic effect.

Look into this:

It could help you.
  7. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Sometimes talking can really help if its to someone you feel that you may be able to open up to, it can sometimes help you realise things you didn't see before or even just break down all of the thoughts and everything that is going on in your head so that they are abit easier to handle. Try not to worry about your friend, she obviously cares for you but is probably just wanting to do the best thing for you right now, she may not know what that is but will be there for you, if it is worrying you maybe you could give her a ring to just talk and catch up over the phone?? Hope your ok and have had a better day x
  8. Theone

Theone Well-Known Member

thank you everyone for your advice... im looking into Cognitive behavioral therapy that you mentioned sapphire and il see where that goes.... pebble my friend came back to the house today and she was really nice, really supportive and i love her for everything she has done, we are ok i believe.... i know this sounds bad but i literally dont think i care about trying to fight this and change anymore.... i think im just repeating myself and maybe i sound just overdramatic but i just dont think i have it in me.... i think im try to do something about it until i can find a way out, a way out without hurting anyone... i have some ideas though i dont know if they will ever work.... il keep planning maybe il create a solution..... thank you again everyone.....
  9. Sapphire

You're not empty and you have it in you to "change". To turn things around. The fact that you posted this thread is proof of that. Deep down, you want to live.

I'm glad you're going to check out CBT as it can work wonders. Talk to a psychologist. Sort things out. Love life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.