advice...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anon22, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon22

anon22 New Member

Can anyone give me any advice =(
    I'm really unhappy, I tried to pick my self up and feel happier but its not working.
    I feel like I have nothing to live for. I have a rubbish job that is leading no where. I have few friends, and the ones I do have either are busy or in uni. I hate myself, the way I look. The only good thing I have in my life is my boyfriend, who told me yesterday that he's not sure he wants to be with me =( I literally feel like I have nothing left.
    I've been so close to ending my life so many times, but there's always one thing that stops me, which is how its going to affect my mum and dad.
    I hope someone can take the time to read this and offer advice x

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

have you told anyone, like your doctor, how you are feeling? sometimes feeling suicidal is caused by depression, and if it is depression you should know that there are treatments for it. once you treat the depression, the other things seem less overwhelming. you can face the situation with your friends, with your boyfriend. you can start to make the changes you need to in order to feel better. but it's going to be hard if you are not getting any help with the depression.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:hug: I know how hard it can be to feel like There is nothing. My first piece of advice, get a stance from your boyfriend. Do not slum around in ambiguity. That will just make you feel worse. I know this will be hard, But just call him out. No ifs or buts, you will feel better in the end. By letting him slum around in unsure land. That will give him license to cheat on you. It will give him an easy out, and an easy in as well. Let me ask you this, do you want to be with someone who is not willing to risk being alone to chase happiness?

As for your friends, life can get busy sometimes. Why not make yours busy? Sometimes playing a little hard to get will help swing people back around too you. It will help you start talking again as well. If you have little or nothing to say people can get bored. However, if you have a story about an activity then you can gain their interest. They can find something to relate too. This is something I have Just realized myself. With my roommate, when I am at home all day playing video games, sleeping, or... activity M. I have nothing interesting to say. However, if I get up And go do something I have something to talk to him about. Only when I change up my life a bit can I tell him something. Same with him, he does the same things over and over again. I can only care about the stupidity of his family for so long. However when it changes to that asshole on the highway it becomes interesting. At least that is my experience.

You say you are trying to make yourself happy. Can I ask what you are doing? Can I also ask what will make you happy? Feel free to PM me if these things are kind of personal.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

time to talk to your doctor get a medical check up maybe change your meds up a bit too okay if you are on depression meds You need maybe to change your routine up a bit do something new for you okay get out of that box you in take care okay

5. anon22

anon22 New Member

i have spoken to a doctor once quite a while ago when it wasnt as bad, as they did suggest maybe to take meds, but to be honest, at the time i knew of a couple of family members that were on them, and they werent really helping =( i know that i should really go back to the doctors as it has got so much worse, but i just keep thinking, my life will still be the same, the reasons i feel this way are still going to be there if i am on meds. =( can i ask, how do the meds actually work?

thank you for all your advice :)

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

yes but there are newer meds now less side effect and work so much better on depression Worth it to give them a try you will have more energy as well take care.

7. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

If there's a history in your family then there's a good chance that you're suffering depression. With the best will in the world there's only so far you can go without meds. You must realise that this can simply be a chemical imbalance in the brain and you'll need meds to bring it back under control. Yes, meds can work. It can take time to find the right one and the right dose but they can work really well once you've got there. Go back to your doctor and tell them the family history. You don't have to feel like this, there are things which can help. x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.