Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenPsych

As you know I cut my leg 2 weeks ago. I have been having loads of problems with the infection and stuff. I was supposed to go back to the ED yesterday to have it looked at but had to reshedule for tomorrow. It's still really oozing and soaking through layers of dressing and to be honest it smells disgusting.
Also, I am feeling like crap. I have cold symptoms and I have a bad stomach. I have re-arranged to go back tomorrow but with me feeling pants I am wondering if I should be going back today?

What would you do?

I know if I go tomorrow I will be seen straight away as is clinic where as if go today will have to go through triage and all the usual ED stuff.

GoldenPsych

OK, I'll take a book and lots of tissues. It's probably not related but the itching is driving me mad so maybe they can do somethijg about that.

x

Isabel

Staff Alumni
Definitely go to the clinic. If not : change the dressing. Clean the cuts with an epsom salt solution. Let it dry before replacing with new bandages. Do that everyday until it looks like the scar tissues look healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00