Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I don't think I'm high risk for suicide, but I've been thinking about it for a few weeks. I'm just looking for some comfort and support, before it gets worse.

I'm stuck at a job I hate and I can't quit (University co-op job). I'm stuck in a city that I dislike. I hate my body. I don't know what I want to do with my life anymore. I've been feeling overwhelmingly depressed.

I have a wonderful boyfriend, but his words and hugs haven't made a difference to how I'm feeling.

I feel panicked at the thought of of going to work tomorrow. Advice?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
hun can you talk to someone at the universtiy to see if you can change up you job somehow maybe less hours worked might help talk to a councillor at the school a therapist about your t houghts okay that is what they are there for to give support hugs to you

LoveBeing

Hi there...welcome!

May I ask why you feel you hate your job? Why do you feel panicked at the thought of going to work tomorrow?

When there is nothing we can do to change the situation (such as your job, the city or your body), our best option is to accept the situation so that the mind would not make us suffer more than necessary by resisting the situation. I’m not saying this is easy, but with this awareness, you can work on accepting the situation first, allowing the situation to be. Do what you have to do or do what you can do if anything to improve the situation.

Things always change, sometimes unexpectedly…expecially when we do not resist what's happening at the present moment, we are more empowered...

You have a wonderful boyfriend - you may want to give more of your attention to wonderful things like this in your life. Having a wonderful boyfriend may also help you accept your body…

You can also observe the mind. You know you can choose not to listen to it when the thoughts are not making you feel good…

Here is a video clip you may find helpful:

Your Thoughts Make You Suffer ~ Eckhart Tolle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_eASmGTd00

Wish you well! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00