Afraid I messed things up with my mom

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Stranger in Illinois, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seriously do not know if she will ever get over this hurt. I feel I have betrayed her and also she is mad at my aunt.

Thing is (and this story may sound odd) but my hair has been needing some attention and so then my aunt thought I should get it done and we went to my mom's hairdresser. I guess I wasn't thinking how mad my mom would get or whatever (wanted to surprise, which is why I didn't call) and now my mom is angry at me and my aunt and she is thinking that she will be a laughingstock of the whole beauty salon, because she feels gossip will spread about my hair.

Now I don't know how to fix it, exactly. I want her to forgive both of us, but I dunno. And this happened before her b-day? What should I do? :confused::lost:

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I don't think your Mum will hold it against you and your Aunt..I'm guessing she is angry because you went behind her back.....It wasn't your Aunts place to take you to the hairdresser really but it's done and I'm sure you're Mum will calm down..
    I wonder why she thinks she will be the laughing stock of the beauty salon?? what did you do to your hair..can I ask?

3. My hair was matted up, because of new growth and not being permed in a long time.

4. greyroses

greyroses Well-Known Member

Well, if thats the big issue your mom will need to get over it. And there is nothing you can do about it other than use the experience as a lesson about your mom, and try not to do something like that again.

5. Hm. A better idea would involve staying to myself so I don't have to get involved in drama or cause it because I trusted someone. I don't see why I don't become a hermit.:sigh:

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

hey don't do that....
    this is your Mums problem ..I don't think it's about you....she'll get over it...
    does your hair look nice then??

7. yes, thanks. It is very nice.

8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Why don't why she should hold a grudge. It's just hair for pete's sakes.

Mine's always a mess and nobody ever cared before. If she's as mad as you say she is, she's over-reacting IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.