Afraid I might skip DBT tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ThePhantomLady, May 17, 2016.

1. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

This is the 3rd DBT session... last week I went despite having fever... the same fever as I still have, I am sick... bleh.

And tonight my back hurts like hell and has all day too (chronic pains that some days are worse than others)... I've done everything to help it, but nothing has worked... I worry it will still be bad in the morning. And I already get sore from the 'bad' seats in therapy. (technically they are ergonomically correct, but my back doesn't fit the norm due to untreated scoliosis)

I know I need to go... I 'have' to go. I need it in order to get better...

But it's so hard being there at all... I know it gets easier to be around those people eventually... and we have 20 weeks in total to get more comfortable...
    But... yeah.

My brain can only find reasons not to go, rather than look for all the good reasons to get going and get the help I need...

Please help encourage me? I am losing this stupid battle between my logical and emotional brain
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* Wish I could give you something to make you feel better.
    Can you take something for the fever?
    Go, think of all the days you spent waiting for this.
    ThePhantomLady likes this.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Thanks, you're right... I waited almost a year to start DBT on a waiting list...

I already take paracetamol daily among other pain relief for my back, that is supposed to work against fever too...

I am trying to remind myself that I can go grocery shopping after, I do need a few essentials... so I'll have to go outside anyway soon...
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

As you may have seen in a post I made earlier this week, I wanted to quit DBT entirely but I saw sense and kept in mind that in the long term this will improve my quality of life and accepting that it is what it is. I hope you decide to go. You worked so hard for this. You deserve to be helped, let them help you :)
  5. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

Physical health can unfortunately be a major trigger of mental health issues... still treating either can improve life.

I hope that you continue to go, and learn what you can... and that you can heal physically and mentally.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I am sorry that you aren't feeling well physically. I hope you feel better soon! Think about how you will feel as you continue to go through the DBT sessions, and how it will affect you long term. The possibility of it changing your life for the better is a great incentive to keep going. :)